• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pyrrhus

Dialogues for a Neglected Illness is an amazing set of videos raising awareness about different aspects of ME.

The first video provides an introduction to ME:
https://www.dialogues-mecfs.co.uk/films/introduction/
7E5DAC12-B748-48BF-8BAB-C2FAF3B182EB.jpeg

Last edited:

Pyrrhus

Hot off the press!!!

The Tangled Story of ME/CFS
https://www.dialogues-mecfs.co.uk/films/the-tangled-story-of-me-cfs/
"Hard to believe that patients with ME have been treated so poorly for decades, but they have, and the stirring story of their resilience and unwillingness to be forgotten is brilliantly portrayed in these videos. If you really want to know about the most serious health challenge facing our planet, one that still has not been recognized, be sure to watch these videos and then demand the change that is so desperately needed.”
-LEONARD JASON, PH.D.
Professor of Psychology. Director, Center for Community Research, DePaul University, Chicago.
1639597169620.png

Pyrrhus

Natalie Boulton reflects on the experience of making these videos:
https://mecentraal.wordpress.com/2021/12/05/the-dialogues/

Excerpt:
Well, it’s been a quite challenging final year for the Dialogues for a neglected illness”project. As a carer during a pandemic, I’ve needed to remain rather isolated, unable to do interviews in person and, until the last few months, having to do much of the editing alone. At last Josh had a break from a surge in his other work, so we were able to work together on the videos again and he could tackle the skilled editing and graphics.
[...]
The next task in the new year is to write an evaluation of the “Dialogues project for Wellcome and try to give them some idea of the reach it has had. The project has been either hosted on or linked to at least 14 websites – MEResearch UK and MEAssociation have the project videos on their websites, as does Workwell. The “Severe and very severe ME/CFS’” video is included in the “Healthcare Special Issue- Severe MEas the “Summary video”. Videos are linked to in “Study PRN – continuing professional development courses for UK healthcare providers resources.” Doctors for ME incudes the project, Action for ME includes links and embeds one video, and The US Clinician Coalition website includes links to videos on PEM and Severe ME/CFS . Many other websites – including Physios for ME and Long Covid physio, and websites in Australia, New Zealand and US list the videos in their resources.
[...]
Finally I would like to thank so many people who helped in varied ways, giving their time to be interviewed or to record their own material, to offer suggestions, encouragement and feedback, and to all the patients who shared their experiences or sent me their photos to share. Without their help the project just wouldn’t have been possible. Sadly I can no longer personally thank Graham McPhee, who died in October, but to everyone else and to his family – Thank you.