• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Diabetes worsens every year at exact time (Okt/Nov)

linusbert

hey folks,

i am desperate with my diabetes.
it worsens every 2nd year dramatically over october to november.

its alway so that i first have a few days where sugar is lower than usual, like from 140 to 125mg/dl ... but then over just 2-3 days it gets so much worse from 140 to 180 or even worse. its always this pattern.
it always requires a hard medical intervention.

progression has been like this:
1)
winter 2018 , september = A1C 5, glucose <100mg/dl mornings
november 2018 = A1C 9 , glucose 250-350mg/dl
intervention: pioglitazon 30mg
result = A1C in March down to 5,5 again, sugar 120mg/dl , at some point doctor declared diabetes for gone

2)
winter 2021, september = A1C 6 , glucose 120-130 mg/dl mornings
november 2020, A1C 8,5 , glucose around 200-250 mg/dl
intervention: long term insulin, lantus 10ie
result: A1C down to 7, glucose again in 120-130mg/dl range

3)
winter 2022, september a1c 7,5 , glucose 130mg/dl
november A1C ? not measured yet, glucose worsenend to 160mg/dl . i didnt measure post prandial yet... i suppose its far above 200.

this is scarry, i am also done with all intervention methods. i use oral antidiabetica and also insulin. there is no new thing which will fix a new crysis.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I wonder if it has something to do with your Vitamin D levels dropping. I think for many people, they generally do in the less sunny months of the year. You could do an internet search to see if there is a correlation maybe.

Also berberine is supposed to be helpful for blood sugar levels. I believe it also has some antiviral benefits. Of course, if you try it always start low and go slow since people w/ME tend to be super sensitive to things.

Hope you can figure all this out.

Edit: Just please check with your doctor and pharmacist for possible interactions between your current medications and berberine.

Last edited:

linusbert

I wonder if it has something to do with your Vitamin D levels dropping. I think for many people, they generally do in the less sunny months of the year. You could do an internet search to see if there is a correlation maybe.

Also berberine is supposed to be helpful for blood sugar levels. I believe it also has some antiviral benefits. Of course, if you try it always start low and go slow since people w/ME tend to be super sensitive to things.

Hope you can figure all this out.

Edit: Just please check with your doctor and pharmacist for possible interactions between your current medications and berberine.

thats a good theory with the vitamin D. but this year i took the last 2 month over 400.000 IU of vitamin D. like 35-55k per week. i was 3 month ago in deep deficiency like 4ng/ml blood levels 25ohd.
i am fat thou, maybe i need much more. probably i am like 10-20 ng/ml in blood right now, still not enough.

berberine and metformin maybe triggered my last years decline. i took it, one day later it started to get worse. but it was also those winter month were it happend, could be coincidence. but metformin makes my muscle symptoms much worse, so does berberine. weird.
i tried berberine multiple times over the last years. its bad for me.

i noticed the same from d-ribose. i take it like just 5g. 1 week later my sugar sucks and continues for month.
interestingly pure glucose does not.