• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dental Braces

godlovesatrier

Hi all,

Has anyone here had dental re-alignment by having braces + mini screws screwed into the jawbone? My back teeth are a bit of a mess and they cause me big problems, I can't drink anything other than water, have to be super creful about eating harder foods as this causes my teeth to become very sharp and because there bent and I also get dry mouth sometimes - this causes really bad ulceration and laceration at the back of my tongue.

So just wondering if anyone has had this because I've been advised that I need it. It's a very expensive procedure £4000 in UK money. But worthit to have that quality of life and the back teeth aligned. My bite doesn't feel that good these days since wisdom were extracted.

I am looking into a biological dentist in the UK, but he's 3 hours from where I live.

I also need to get another wisdom extracted soon and the antibiotics are really messing up my cognitive function, brainfog is real bad. Although it's been intermittent - was worse when I took Flagyl which I quickly discontinued.

Thanks,

godlovesatrier

Hiya,

Sadly not. Wouldn't fix the issue.

However he told me today it would be 24 months work!! I think until I figure out what's wrong with my immune system I just can't take the chance.

I also had a wisdom tooth pulled today. So that was fun.

godlovesatrier

The link you posted is interesting. Or rather scary. But yeah puts me off. So does 24 months of corrective surgery too to be honest.

I've found a biological dentist but he's 3 hours away. Still I might see him we will see.