• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dehydration & Heat Intolerance from normal sun exposure

ChrisD

Ever since the summer heatwave here in the UK, when I spent the whole time inside and drinking masses of fluids yet still got severe dehydration one day about a month or so ago - I am now experiencing dehydration rapidly after exposure to standard amounts of afternoon sun which I could previously tolerate.

For example 10-20 mins in September sunshine that isn't particularly hot and perfectly comfortable at the time, is followed by Urine going yellow in the next hour and a dry mouth which persists all evening and then through the night when I am asleep and obviously unable to drink water, I wake up with a very dry mouth and pounding heart.

Has anyone experienced anything like this and know what to Get tested or which minerals I may be lacking etc?

I did also start oxymatrine just before the heatwave which was helping before but then I took a break as I felt it might be straining my adrenals in the heat. I started again after and picked up th e benefits again but wonder if it may be contributing on some level to the heat intolerance and dehydration.