• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

David Tuller needs our help

JoanDublin

Done. I hope they won't start saying he is a paid agitator now.

Let them say what they like. They've had the deck stacked against us for years with the many, many paid 'professionals' on their side getting well recompensed to abuse and slander very ill patients, not to mention their never ending pot of other resources including £250k for legal fees to prevent access to their trial data and unfettered access to the SMC giving them full control of the media message. About time we threw a few resources back at them!

Kalliope

Done.

As Tuller writes himself on the crowd rising site:
- There is much, much more investigating, blogging and hammering away to do--about conflicts of interest, about the FINE "sister" trial, about Cochrane's misleading systematic reviews, the false PLoS One claim that the treatments are "cost-effective," etc, etc.

I'd very much like to see him dig further into all of this, particularly the Cochrane reviews as there were a couple of compatriots of mine (Norwegians) in that Cochrane review group. I spoke briefly to one of them last year, and according to her there's nothing seriously wrong with the PACE-trial, and there's nothing wrong with PACE-researchers in the Cochrane review group.

user9876

Done.

As Tuller writes himself on the crowd rising site:
- There is much, much more investigating, blogging and hammering away to do--about conflicts of interest, about the FINE "sister" trial, about Cochrane's misleading systematic reviews, the false PLoS One claim that the treatments are "cost-effective," etc, etc.

I'd very much like to see him dig further into all of this, particularly the Cochrane reviews as there were a couple of compatriots of mine (Norwegians) in that Cochrane review group. I spoke briefly to one of them last year, and according to her there's nothing seriously wrong with the PACE-trial, and there's nothing wrong with PACE-researchers in the Cochrane review group.

I don't think the Cochrane group understand why PACE is so bad and the issues with methodology and using subjective measures on an open label trial. I don't think they understand the issues with outcome switching because they support PACE doing that and they do it themselves within this review.

The wider Cochrane group should step in to clean up them propagating bad science. The Cochrane editor knows there are issues and has done nothing and as such I would take that as an indication that he is happy with misleading patients and outcome switching. In the long term it can only damage the Cochrane brand.

Jo Best

Wolfiness

Activity Level 0
I don't see how they could say that and not include themselves in such a description.
How? Because an urge for consistency does not trouble them, is how .

Tom_Gauld_comics_myjetpack_1917779.jpg
Tom_Gauld_comics_myjetpack_1917779.jpg

Hwvr, the more we raise the more obvious it will be how many people support this.

Kati

Patient in training
Bump!

David Tuller's efforts are worth supporting. His work has made a big difference in spreading awareness on the damage that PACE has done. Please consider donating so he continues to work on the issue.

Last edited:

Starlight

I was wondering if there is anyway we could keep this thread and the message about David needing out help on the front page of this forum or on the front page of the website until the money is raised. It's just that it is human nature to forget if we are not constantly reminded and this feels so very important. Maybe people could share this on their Facebook and social media and other forms regularly,like every day of two. It feels like it might be one of our best chances and it's very little money compared to what is usually needed to make a change for us.

Any one have any other opinions on how we might best get it out there and keep it in the community consciousness?