• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

David Lat on Rachel Maddow - Post COVID-19 patient

Diwi9

Administrator
Attorney and legal commentator, David Lat (~45 years old), was on Rachel Maddow tonight discussing his recent experience of COVID-19 and being on a ventilator for 6 days. He mentioned the following: inability to lift his fork to his mouth; heart palpitations walking across the room; and, needing to use a stool in the shower. I hope he fully recovers, but it's astounding that these symptoms literally make the news when it's related to COVID-19. Should we all just find new doctors after this pandemic and call ourselves post-COVID patients? Yes, I'm being facetious.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
It's actually doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. At least for a while we would enjoy being believed until the psychologists got involved and started saying it's all up in our heads.

Diwi9

Administrator
In all honesty, there might end up being an insurance advantage in claiming Post-COVID-19...only time will tell, but most of us will eventually get this virus unless a viable vaccine is developed...so it would be difficult to negate if we have the antibodies. Also, who is to say we don't develop Post-COVID-19 with our ME?