• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dante Labs offer for father's day (ends June 17)

kday

I got mine in 4 months. But haven't received all the raw data yet. It's hundreds of gigs and shipped on a hard drive. Most probably don't have a use for this raw data though, but I do.

kday

Just be aware I am still waiting on my results from thanksgiving last year, so it will be a year or so before you get your results
I bet they have your sample done. They aren't the best at getting it up in your account. They seem most responsive by Facebook Messenger or commenting on their posts. You can also email the CEO because that's way too long.

Seven7

Seven
I bet they have your sample done. They aren't the best at getting it up in your account. They seem most responsive by Facebook Messenger or commenting on their posts. You can also email the CEO because that's way too long.
Will try Facebook thank you! I have emailed them to not avail ( they respond, sorry due high volume blah blah). They should not then make more sales if they cannot process what they have.

Ravn

Add me to the list of disgruntled customers.

I did get my VCF-file results after 4 or 5 months or so. The VCF-file is pretty much useless though. I uploaded it to Promethease and Enlis and it's showing just about as many No Calls as 23andme.

Which would indicate that either there is something wrong with their conversion to VCF-files or, worse, that there is something wrong with the data itself.

And I've no idea where the problem lies because after more than a year I'm still waiting for the raw data which is what I really wanted in the first place.

Neither pleading nor complaining makes any difference and most of my emails don't even get a brushoff answer any more.

I wish they stopped doing their "fantastic offers" for a while and just got on with catching up on clearing their backlog.

You won't be surprised that I do not recommend them.

Seven7

Seven
Well I finally got my results, questions, how to read the raw data? I am looking for the EDS genes is there a place I can load it to be interprete, or a way to ask different reports from them?

OK, so I am on the Marry go round of this crap, you get only one file compatible, now I need to figure how to convert (the app name does not match the recommended site at https://sequencing.com/ I wonder how much more I will have to pay before I can read this data.
Data Viewer Plus $5

Last edited:

wigglethemouse

@kday has developed a free application to interpret raw genetic data. Thread and link to beta version here. Try and upload your file and use your browsers save as function to save the results for later viewing.
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...e-rare-variants-drug-response-etc-free.76245/

Interpreting data is a long, long, hard slog. Promethease, Enlis are some paid options people on PR have used. With Enlis you can search by phenotype (disease) which might be helpful if you are looking at specific diagnosis. I don't know about Promethease....

nandixon

@kday has developed a free application to interpret raw genetic data. Thread and link to beta version here. Try and upload your file and use your browsers save as function to save the results for later viewing.
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...e-rare-variants-drug-response-etc-free.76245/
Yes, everyone should definitely use @kday's app. It found a rare variant/mutation in the MYBPC3 gene (rs201278114) which is very consistent with heart issues I've had and which Enlis missed. It also now correctly interprets the mitochondrial genome (at least for my Veritas* VCF file) which Enlis did not.

*I would actually not recommend using Veritas for WGS. They are not willing to provide the FASTQ or BAM files which is necessary to generate a VCF file that is updated to newer reference genomes.