• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dante Labs are offering €199/$229 whole genome testing again up to 29th

Celandine

I received an email from them recently apologising for the disorganisation of the past and stating that they've sorted themselves out and are solid now. No help for your situation, of course, which sounds like it was highly frustrating. That they haven't refunded your money is not at all okay. Is there an EU consumer agency that can help?

J.G

I received an email from them recently apologising for the disorganisation of the past and stating that they've sorted themselves out and are solid now.
It's interesting that they would go and send out apology emails to apparently satisfied customers like yourself.

Is there an EU consumer agency that can help?
Perhaps. Like I mentioned, I'm exploring my options. I won't be commenting on any particulars until after the matter is settled.

J.G

A quick update on the Dante saga. Some days ago, I was finally refunded in full. Hurrah. It took the intervention of a law firm to make this happen. Supposedly, a human resource's disregard for correct procedure was the reason for the... Let's call it confusion. I'm just happy all is resolved now.

roller

wiggle jiggle
Has anyone run the coronavirus-dna-health-report on sequencing.com ?

The result list has a column "Your Genetic Makeup".
Quite a few times (8 out of 25) there is the entry "??"

The explanation for this is
? or ?? = this data point was not obtained by your DNA test so the results are unknown. Consider upgrading to our Whole Genome Sequencing test that obtains 100% of your genome.

does this mean that my DANTE "whole sequencing" wasnt "whole" and some data are missing?
actually, the "Genetic Makeup" is missing for things like HLA-B*4601 or HLA-B60 and similiars, which sound pretty common.

i asked dante customer service (march 31) but no reply so far...

Last edited:

roller

wiggle jiggle
i understand, they are now checking my ???? at highest biomedical echelons...

meantime, i run the anchestry app on sequencing.com
im 0,33% german :jaw-drop:
we have been germans since adam and eve, for all i know.

roller

wiggle jiggle
dante replied that my whole genome was checked and that the problem occured with a 3rd party app.

the reply from sequencing.com who provided the free covid-risk-analysis (which shows the "???"):

...that the short tandem repeat (STR) in the CLEC4M gene, as well as the HLA-B genotypes, are unknown. This is because these are very complex genetic variants and they are not included in the data provided by Dante Labs.
The 30x Whole Genome Sequencing offered by Sequencing.com provides the data for these complex variants

Last edited:

roller

wiggle jiggle
... i thought this was exactly what i bought at DANTE in march 2019: "30x Whole Genome Sequencing"

??? o_O

would anyone know anything to explain that?

Lisa108

Hi @roller,
I wanted to check my HLA-data because of a different reason, but can confirm that Dante is not able to retrieve this kind of data from their WGS. :bang-head:

The (newer) test from Sequencing might give a fuller picture (but I'm no expert in this).

Re: the covid-risk-analysis. Do they have enough data on this to be really saying anything?

I just looked up some of their "risk-variants", and those were not for sars-cov-2 (but for coronavirus-infection in general) and not from my population, so not much informative value for me...

roller

wiggle jiggle
Re: the covid-risk-analysis. Do they have enough data on this to be really saying anything
... due to the ??? (missing Dante Data) the result is "Inconclusive".

"Coronavirus DNA Health Report"
Genetic Susceptibility
Susceptibility to coronavirus infection: INCONCLUSIVE

Severity is your calculated genetic risk of the coronavirus causing a severe illness if you become infected by the coronavirus.
This was calculated by analyzing genes associated with how the body defends itself after becoming infected by coronavirus.
This genetic risk assessment is based on preliminary, peer-reviewed research of either the current SARS-CoV-2 strain or the related SARS-CoV-1 strain. The result may change in the future if additional research becomes available.
Please see the DNA Data table in this report for further information.

Then Genes and Variants for Susceptibility and Severity are listed, with references to studies/medical abstracts like e.g. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14647384 - which is for SARS CoV, year 2003.

Thanks for the clarification!
Shocking that this Genome-Sequencing is so incomplete. Perhaps the missing info doesnt weight much in the whole picture, but - im anti-expert - im rather wondering if the data is indeed important.

Lisa108

Even if your results were "conclusive", what would it change?

You could have a high susceptibility for coronavirus-infection, but still avoid it.
Or you could have a low susceptibility for catching it, but that doesn't mean that you're immune to it.

Either way, better don't risk it. 😷, 🖐️ 💦🧼 🤚, :) 🦶 🦶 🦶 🦶 🦶 🦶 :), 📉

roller

wiggle jiggle
if it hadnt been for free .... ;)
and i only did after the "santa and me" app failed 50 times...

it was the first "gene checking" thing I tried ... and it listed "ACE2" as a risk... which explained quite "something"...

stay corona clear :) !

Lisa108

Hihi, thank you, @roller! Stay safe, too!

P.S. Have you ever been registered as a potential bone marrow donor? They have some of your HLA-data and will send them to you by request. (At least in my experience with the German DKMS).

[ETA: I am no longer registered because of ME. ]

roller

wiggle jiggle
i have been registered with DKMS since around 1995 (+/-)

early on, these data were in the user account of their online-portal. still have some of them, but not sure if after all those years they are still complete or perhaps faulty, when copying them between applications and laptops...

a few years ago, the data in the portal were "gone" and when calling them they refused to provide them - due to current german law. i never bothered with my registration, since i was told that - due to the findings in the HLA-data - i would be never a donor.

Lisa108

when calling them they refused to provide them - due to current german law.
Strange. It's your data. I got mine in December 2016.

since i was told that - due to the findings in the HLA-data - i would be never a donor.
Wow, that sounds interesting... you're one of a kind?

did DKMS tell you to deregister?

They took me out of the register as soon as I informed them of my diagnosis. If I recall correctly, they classify ME as an autoimmune disease (which is an exclusion criteria).

Hipsman

Pretty good discount this year, sadly gonna pass becouse of long shipping times due to Covid and it's overall a hassle for me this year...
1606324919568.png

Also
1606325229173.png

List of Reports included :

- ACMG Report
- ALS Report
- Asthma Susceptibility Report
- Ataxia Report
- Autism Report
- Autoimmunity Report
- Autoinflammatory Report
- Cardiovascular Report
- Catecholaminergic Polymorphic Ventricular Tachycardia (CPVT) Report
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease Report
- Circadian Report
- Congenital Myasthenic Syndrome Report
- Connective Tissue Report
- Cowden Syndrome Report
- Crohn Disease Report
- Cystic Fibrosis Report
- Dentist Report
- Dermatology Report
- Diabetes Report
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Report
- Endocrinology Report
- Epilepsy Report
- Fanconi Anemia Report
- Gastroenterology Report
- Graves' Disease Report
- Hematology Report
- Hemiplegic Migraine Report
- Hereditary Cancer Report
- Leigh Syndrome Report
- Marfan Syndrome Report
- Metabolic Report
- Methylation Mechanisms Report
- Mitochondrial Diseases Report
- Multiple Myeloma Report
- Nephrology Report
- Neurology Report
- Ophthalmology Report
- Osteopetrosis Report
- Oxidative Stress Report
- Parkinson - Alzeheimer - Dementia Report
- Pediatric Report
- Periodic Paralysis Report
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Report
- Porphyria Report
- Pulmunology Report
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Report
- Sensory Report
- Ulcerative Colitis Report
- Von Willebrand Report
- WEST Syndrome Report

junkcrap50

Would it be cheapest to pay for a whole genome testing through Dante instead of whatever test kits a medical geneticist may order? I'm considering doing a genetic test kit ordered for muscles / mitochondria. A medical geneticist could check the data and figure out what they need to check if they had my whole genome, right?

Hipsman

Would it be cheapest to pay for a whole genome testing through Dante instead of whatever test kits a medical geneticist may order?
EDIT: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/whole-genome-done-now-what.80192/#post-2294724 This is the thread I was reffering to (most likely)

It would be cheapest since you don't spend any on consultation costs.
Downside is might be harder to make sence of the data without geteticist. I heard somewhere on these forums that geneticists don't work with sequences from other companies, so you can't just show up with whole genome sequencing from Dante to you local geneticist. I also heard Dante offers consultations with geneticist on your WGS results, details should on some other thread here.

Last edited:

junkcrap50

I heard somewhere on these forums that geneticists don't work with sequences from other companies, so you can't just show up with whole genome sequencing from Dante to you local geneticist.

Ah that was what I was wondering. Darn. Thanks for replying!

ChookityPop

Pretty good discount this year, sadly gonna pass becouse of long shipping times due to Covid and it's overall a hassle for me this year...
View attachment 40578

Also
View attachment 40579
List of Reports included :

- ACMG Report
- ALS Report
- Asthma Susceptibility Report
- Ataxia Report
- Autism Report
- Autoimmunity Report
- Autoinflammatory Report
- Cardiovascular Report
- Catecholaminergic Polymorphic Ventricular Tachycardia (CPVT) Report
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease Report
- Circadian Report
- Congenital Myasthenic Syndrome Report
- Connective Tissue Report
- Cowden Syndrome Report
- Crohn Disease Report
- Cystic Fibrosis Report
- Dentist Report
- Dermatology Report
- Diabetes Report
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Report
- Endocrinology Report
- Epilepsy Report
- Fanconi Anemia Report
- Gastroenterology Report
- Graves' Disease Report
- Hematology Report
- Hemiplegic Migraine Report
- Hereditary Cancer Report
- Leigh Syndrome Report
- Marfan Syndrome Report
- Metabolic Report
- Methylation Mechanisms Report
- Mitochondrial Diseases Report
- Multiple Myeloma Report
- Nephrology Report
- Neurology Report
- Ophthalmology Report
- Osteopetrosis Report
- Oxidative Stress Report
- Parkinson - Alzeheimer - Dementia Report
- Pediatric Report
- Periodic Paralysis Report
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Report
- Porphyria Report
- Pulmunology Report
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Report
- Sensory Report
- Ulcerative Colitis Report
- Von Willebrand Report
- WEST Syndrome Report

Do you get all those reports with the 30X WGS?