• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Curcumin suggestion for cancer

My mother was diagnosed with colon cancer and had a surgery 10 days ago. We are waiting for healing and will follow the treatment that doctor suggest.

I know curcumin can fight cancer due to its anti-oxidant property. However I don't know which type and brand of curcumin I should order. Is there a test that compares the bioavabilities of curcumin brands? What do you suggest ?

Gingergrrl

I do not know the answer re: the Curcumin but I wanted to let you know that I am now praying for your mother. My mom was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2017 and I relate to what you just shared.

YippeeKi YOW !!

@quasar
I use a form of curcumin that also includes its mother ship, turmeric. Curcumin is one of the actives in turmeric, and has had the most studies done on it, but I deeply believe that there's a lot that science doesnt know yet, and therefore prefer to hedge my bets by taking a combination of both.

I use BioSchwartz Labs, which has high ratings from a lot of places that I trust. It also has the right amount of Black Pepper Fruit extract, also called BioPerine, to assist in its bioavailability.

My mama also had colon cancer. My heart goes out to you, and I'll join my prayers with @Gingergrrl 's for your mother's speedy recovery and easy journey back to health.