• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Crunchy throat when swallowing, hyoid pops

I do have CCI and TC. I had eagles surgery which I thought would fix this but it didn't. My thryoid may be calcified.

The swallowing problem is visible and it feels like hyoid hits something. Anyone else had this? Anyone have recommendations for supplements?

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I'm so sorry you're going through this.

Probably unrelated to your situation but I thought I'd mention that when my cervical vertebrae are greatly subluxated, the rings of cartilage around the front of my throat will sometimes subluxate as well.

It can be pretty uncomfortable and does feel like my throat is being squeezed a bit.

Probably unrelated to your situation but I thought I'd mention that when my cervical vertebrae are greatly subluxated, the rings of cartilage around the front of my throat will sometimes subluxate as well.

It can be pretty uncomfortable and does feel like my throat is being squeezed a bit.

Okay thank you, yeah it only started with CCI. I had AAI fusion in Poland but I think he fused my rotated. Could C3 be causing it or skull?

What are you doing for ur instability?

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I go to the chiropractor when I can drag myself to one. I know many people don't like them but it's the only way I can get relief from the pain.

Edit: Not sure if you'd find this useful but it's a lady who helped her tethered cord and spinal instability. She used something called an GHK peptides (to stablize) and a FMS (Frequency Specific Microcurrent) machine (to release the tethered cord). (Just mentioning because you asked about instability; not necessarily for the tethered cord info.)

Edit #2: I' sorry. I didn't see your second post. Yeah, if you have some fusion then chiropractic is probably not going to work. I'm sorry. Maybe some physical therapy with muscle work in that area??

Last edited:

Springbok1988

My hyoid goes through periods where it will pop while swallowing. It’s really annoying. It will do this for several weeks then it will go away for a few months before starting again. I’m not sure why this happens.
If you suspect calcification of any soft tissues you could try taking vitamin K2. It removes calcium from soft tissues.