• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Crowd funding for Bhupesh Prusty

Rufous McKinney

Why on earth would they not send out a tweet?

Life is complicated. They have their own fundraisers. They emailed out the results of their Ambassador's fund raiser.

Its probably- they just aren't staffed to- take on- random stuff like this, even tho it seems logical to us, and I don't think we should get all miffy about it.

This request got retweeted during ME Awareness Hour..today...so It may- get seen by some more folks. -

RL_sparky

Its probably- they just aren't staffed to- take on- random stuff like this, even tho it seems logical to us, and I don't think we should get all miffy about it.

It's not the staffing which is the issue. I mean what's it take to tweet it once in awhile. Someone who interacts with them told me if they supported this they would be inundated with requests from other groups which they then couldn't handle or really would prefer not to support.
Lets hope this is a year that we see progress in the research in all groups.

RL_sparky

Folks, all those who are donating on a monthly or quarterly basis can you reroute it once to Prusty ? Lets see what he comes up with. He is looking at the something in the serum from an entirely new angle. So lets give him an opportunity.

Yes, I really think his research is in need of our support.

MonkeyMan

I'm delighted to announce that the 30K Euro fundraiser goal has been reached. (I'm also proud to be the person who donated the last 345 Euros that put the fundraiser at goal). Huge thanks to Sonja and the other fundraisers, to everyone who contributed, and to Dr Prusty for his brilliant research that restores hope among us in the ME/CFS community. Now let us all hope and pray that answers will come soon!

Hopeful1976

I'm delighted to announce that the 30K Euro fundraiser goal has been reached. (I'm also proud to be the person who donated the last 345 Euros that put the fundraiser at goal). Huge thanks to Sonja and the other fundraisers, to everyone who contributed, and to Dr Prusty for his brilliant research that restores hope among us in the ME/CFS community. Now let us all hope and pray that answers will come soon!
❤ to your every word!

MonkeyMan

Why don't you try emailing Dr. Lipkin to see what he might say before labeling him with false charges. I've been in numerous of his studies and find them thorough and rigorous.
Here's his email address: wil2001@cumc.columbia.edu
He is under self imposed quarantine, having just recently gotten back from China. Maybe he has time now to answer you.

I wrote Dr Lipkin about a week ago to ask what's up with the Microbiome Discovery project. No reply.