• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Crowd funding for Bhupesh Prusty

lauluce

as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope
What’s the name of the HSV2 titer testing and if you don’t mind me asking are you symptomatic? My ME got considerably worse after stopping antivirals due to them causing vertigo, have often tried to restart them but vertigo comes back may retry again one day.
I't simply called "serum HSV-2 IGG", it detects IGG antibodies for the virus in the serum. I showed symptoms of both genital and oral herpes at the age of 16, three years after the onset of ME, without having to that time any sexual contact, I simply don't know where did I get them from. Maybe from my mother in the uterus?

lauluce

This seems to be a considerable reason why we don't seem to get far- viruses go into hiding in tissue.

They seem to be able to find them with biopsies...but thats invasive, surgical...
indeed, NO DOCTOR will ever perform random tissue biopsies trying to find localized infections in people with "strange symptoms" such as us

xebex

I't simply called "serum HSV-2 IGG", it detects IGG antibodies for the virus in the serum. I showed symptoms of both genital and oral herpes at the age of 16, three years after the onset of ME, without having to that time any sexual contact, I simply don't know where did I get them from. Maybe from my mother in the uterus?

Useful info thank you!

Herpes is a very strange virus, I guess you could have got it in utero and then the ME made it resurface. I also got gential herpes about 18minths after my initial ME attack, I recovered from that and lived at 95% function for about 6 years then slowly started to get worse about 5 years ago then 3 years suddenly got moderate sever and have been housebound ever since. The HSV has always been around and outbreaks don’t seem to impact my ME severity but I am sure they are both linked.

lauluce

Please donate to this research. It's the closest thing to finding out the 'something in the serum' which is affecting Ron's nanoneedle results. Prusty is really onto something. This could be an answer we have all been waiting for.
I really wished I had something to donate, but I'm almost unemployed and drowning in debt right now... I feel guilty for not being able to donate. The Argentinian currency has very little value, 1 euro equals 66.7 Argentinian pesos, which is what I can earn on an hour of work, that's when I'm able to do some work...

Last edited:

Hopeful1976

I really wished I had something to donate, but I'm almost unemployed and drowning in debt right now... I feel guilty for not being able to donate. The Argentinian currency has very little value, 1 euro equals 66.7 Argentinian pesos, which is what I can earnon an hour of work, hat's when I'm able to do some work...
This disease robs us of our lives @lauluce
We all carry each other. Remember we are as one in this. My donation is your donation my fellow human.

lauluce

This disease robs us of our lives @lauluce
We all carry each other. Remember we are as one in this. My donation is your donation my fellow human.
you know, in better times, I was able to donate to the "microbiome discovery project", by Lipkins and Hopkin. I wonder what happened to that? anybody knows? There where some "legal" issues, sadly, but if I remember correctly, they managed to raise ONE MILLION DOLLARS! where did that funding go, I wonder?

RL_sparky

you know, in better times, I was able to donate to the "microbiome discovery project", by Lipkins and Hopkin. I wonder what happened to that? anybody knows? There where some "legal" issues, sadly, but if I remember correctly, they managed to raise ONE MILLION DOLLARS! where did that funding go, I wonder?

They only raised one million when they needed five million to do the exhaustive study that was planned. Dr. Lipkin gives updates on his work occasionally. He was successful in scoring an NIH Center's grant and is still working on solving this disease. He is not as public, in other words he doesn't "hype" his work.

lauluce

They only raised one million when they needed five million to do the exhaustive study that was planned. Dr. Lipkin gives updates on his work occasionally. He was successful in scoring an NIH Center's grant and is still working on solving this disease. He is not as public, in other words he doesn't "hype" his work.
wasn't the project halted by a harassement demand from Hornig against Lipkin?
do you know where can I find updates on Lipkin's work? his twitter perhaps?

RL_sparky

wasn't the project halted by a harassement demand from Hornig against Lipkin?
do you know where can I find updates on Lipkin's work? his twitter perhaps?

'm not sure if the harassment claim stopped anything or not? I know Dr. Lipkin was suppose to answers some questions that patients submitted in December on Twitter next month. Not sure if his Coronavirus work has moved that time frame or not.

I got scammed on the Lipkin fundraiser too. Where did that money go?

I was trying to avoid saying exactly that to avoid offending anybody, but, I also felt scammed...

Can we get a class action suit going to get that money back? Imagine what Ron Davis could have done with that money. The Lipkin debacle must have had a huge impact on CFS fundraising. I'l never donate to a university again.

Hajnalka

Do we know that this gofundme is legit? Who are the people running this fundraiser?
Yep, the fundraiser is legit. The four organizers are well known patient advocates in Germany. In addition, they don't get any of the donations. The donations go directly to the HHV-6 Foundation and from there to Prusty's lab at Würzburg university.

Letter from the HHV-6 Foundation regarding the fundraiser:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DefNc8akcxcXFKY8KrQpSuK9YDVScT4r/view