• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Crowd funding for Bhupesh Prusty

Yuno

SHARE & DONATE FOR PRUSTY LAB 🇩🇪

GOfundMECFS | Supporting scientific research on ME/CFS

👉 bit.ly/gofundmecfs

++ German version below | Deutsche Version siehe unten ++

A scientist and his team do research for millions of sufferers. ME/CFS is not uncommon, but is rarely diagnosed correctly due to a lack of knowledge and awareness. Government funded research, therapies and treatments are lacking worldwide. Dr. Bhupesh K Prusty (Institute for Virology and Immune Biology, Julius-Maximilians-University of Wuerzburg, Germany) wants to change this. We want to support him in his efforts.

Our goal: at least 30.000 Euro within 3 months for an important project by “PRUSTY LAB”.

It’s realization could be the next major step to better understand and in the best case to treat the disease ME/CFS.

We are a group of ME/CFS patients who would like to support scientific research in the field of ME/CFS as there is an urgent need to do more research in this area of science. All funds raised will go to the non-profit HHV6 Foundation (1) and will be donated to Dr. Bhupesh Prusty for his research.

ℹ️ https://www.gofundme.com/f/gofundmecfs-support-scientific-research-mecfs

++ Deutsche Version ++

TEILE & SPENDE FÜR PRUSTY LAB 🇩🇪

GOfundMECFS | UnterstĂĽtze die biomedizinische Forschung im Bereich ME/CFS

👉 bit.ly/gofundmecfs

Ein Wissenschaftler und sein Team forschen für Millionen Erkrankter. ME/CFS ist eine häufige Erkrankung, wird aber aufgrund mangelnden Wissens und fehlenden Bewusstseins nur selten richtig diagnostiziert. Staatlich finanzierte Forschungen, Therapien und Behandlungen fehlen weltweit.
Dr. Bhupesh Prusty (Institut für Virologie und Immunbiologie, Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg, Deutschland) will das ändern. Wir wollen ihn dabei unterstützen.

Unser Ziel: mindestens 30.000 Euro innerhalb von 3 Monaten für ein wichtiges Forschungsprojekt des „Prusty Labors“ (engl.“ PRUSTY LAB“).

Dessen Durchführung könnte der nächste entscheidende Schritt sein, die Erkrankung ME/CFS besser zu verstehen und im besten Fall behandeln zu können.

Wir sind eine Gruppe von ME/CFS-Patienten, die die wissenschaftliche Forschung auf dem Gebiet von ME/CFS unterstützen möchte, da der dringende Bedarf an Forschung in diesem Bereich der Wissenschaft besteht. Alle Spenden gehen an die gemeinnützige HHV6-Foundation (1) und werden Dr. Bhupesh Prusty für seine Forschung zur Verfügung gestellt.

ℹ️ https://www.gofundme.com/f/gofundmecfs-support-scientific-research-mecfs

5C26F565-FBF0-4E1D-BF16-ABB0090F72FC.png

#GOfundMECFS #MECFS #PRUSTY

lauluce

as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope
I've got this question @Yuno : if there's indeed something in the blood of ME/CFS patients, would it be possible for the effect observed in vitro to manifest on a full body scale on a healthy person receiving a significant amount of blood from a ME-affected person, thus at least temporarily acquiring some of the symptoms of the disease? hypothetically, if one where to ask the medical and governmental authorities that deny the organic nature of ME/CFS to receive the blood of ME/CFS patients who had been screened for know infectious diseases (safe blood) say about it? what happens to their beliefs when it's their own asses that are at risk?

xebex

I've got this question @Yuno : if there's indeed something in the blood of ME/CFS patients, would it be possible for the effect observed in vitro to manifest on a full body scale on a healthy person receiving a significant amount of blood from a ME-affected person, thus at least temporarily acquiring some of the symptoms of the disease? hypothetically, if one where to ask the medical and governmental authorities that deny the organic nature of ME/CFS to receive the blood of ME/CFS patients who had been screened for know infectious diseases (safe blood) say about it? what happens to their beliefs when it's their own asses that are at risk?

As far as I am aware, in the UK, although majority insist ME is psychological you are also not allowed to donate blood. Their hypocrisy is astonishing!

junkcrap50

thus at least temporarily acquiring some of the symptoms of the disease?
Who knows if it'd be temporary? Maybe the "something in the blood" would turn on/off genes or biochemical pathways that triggered the disease. Maybe it'll get you trapped in a metabolic trap or new homeostasis.

The better solution would be to have a ME/CFS patient do a complete filtration of their blood,j and specifically filter out exosomes. Then see if their symptoms improve or have a temporary (or permenant) remission. Aethlon Medical’s Hemopurifier can filter out exosomes, bacterial toxins, and viruses. And Cytosorb’s (CTSO) Cytosorb extracorporeal cytokine adsorber can absorp and filter out cytokines.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

I have donated myself but still a bit critical against this research, Because if it would be HH/6 in the blood then why are my results all negative. And Davis or any team had found it. What is very exciting are the brain biopsies. And if they don't test the material for HH-7 I will get very angry..... ;-)

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Who knows if it'd be temporary? Maybe the "something in the blood" would turn on/off genes or biochemical pathways that triggered the disease. Maybe it'll get you trapped in a metabolic trap or new homeostasis.

The better solution would be to have a ME/CFS patient do a complete filtration of their blood,j and specifically filter out exosomes. Then see if their symptoms improve or have a temporary (or permenant) remission. Aethlon Medical’s Hemopurifier can filter out exosomes, bacterial toxins, and viruses. And Cytosorb’s (CTSO) Cytosorb extracorporeal cytokine adsorber can absorp and filter out cytokines.
Scheibenbogen offered dialysis in 2018. I don't know how successful that was (I think she had many success) but stopped because of the costs

xebex

I have donated myself but still a bit critical against this research, Because if it would be HH/6 in the blood then why are my results all negative. And Davis or any team had found it. What is very exciting are the brain biopsies. And if they don't test the material for HH-7 I will get very angry..... ;-)
I’d like to know why hhv6 is being specifically targeted In the study, as it seems to me that many of the herpes virus might able to trigger this. I have tested positive for at least 3 herpes viruses and have not even had the hhv6 test done yet

lauluce

I think the idea is that the virus is hiding in a discrete spot of our bodies, so the virus itself and antibodies against it don't reach the general circulation where they can be detected by tests. I also tested negative for HSV6 in serum. I think this guy might be in the right track, localized infections, such as in the vagus nerve, have been proposed as a cause of ME many times before... there's also the possibility of he body being somehow unable to produce antibodies against the virus, I think

lauluce

I’d like to know why hhv6 is being specifically targeted In the study, as it seems to me that many of the herpes virus might able to trigger this. I have tested positive for at least 3 herpes viruses and have not even had the hhv6 test done yet
me too, I tested positive for igg antibodies for hsv1, hsv2, EBV and negative for HSV6. My tithers for HSV2 are actually very high, despite being just igg

lauluce

excelent idea! if we just had more funding... just wait till we finally have a biomarker, we're close, I can feel it! once the invisible becames visible, everything will change, only progress will be possible from then on

xebex

me too, I tested positive for igg antibodies for hsv1, hsv2, EBV and negative for HSV6. My tithers for HSV2 are actually very high, despite being just igg
What’s the name of the HSV2 titer testing and if you don’t mind me asking are you symptomatic? My ME got considerably worse after stopping antivirals due to them causing vertigo, have often tried to restart them but vertigo comes back may retry again one day.

Yuno

good question and a very good idea 👍🏼 Unfortunately I don’t know if that was hypothetically possible...

Rufous McKinney

Because if it would be HH/6 in the blood then why are my results all negative.

From the HH-6 web site....they make this statement and I assume its accurate... we don't find them in the blood.

ABOUT THE HHV-6 FOUNDATION
The HHV-6 Foundation in a non-profit entity founded to encourage scientific exchange between investigators and to provide pilot grants for promising scientific and clinical research on the under- appreciated viruses HHV-6A and HHV-6B.
The Foundation sponsors international conferences and supports scientists and clinicians seeking to clarify the role of the two HHV-6 viruses in disease. Since HHV-6A and HHV-6B can smolder in the brain and other organs without circulating in the peripheral blood or plasma, identifying chronic infection is a challenge.

xebex

From the HH-6 web site....they make this statement and I assume its accurate... we don't find them in the blood.

B]Since HHV-6A and HHV-6B can smolder in the brain and other organs without circulating in the peripheral blood or plasma, identifying chronic infection is a challenge.[/B]
I see! That makes sense! Thanks!

GlassHouse

I agree with you. I’ve been tested for hhv7 in the blood many times and it’s always negative, but I am positive in the spinal fluid and in tissue samples from my stomach, small intestine, and colon.

I’d be interested to know more about his research. I’m on my 4th month of IV Vistide for the hhv7 but I have continued to get sicker. Clearly I have systemic hhv7 infection, including CNS infection, but either the antiviral isn’t reaching my brain or the virus itself isn’t causing my symptoms.

I hope Prusty releases more information about his research. I think that he and Ron Davis should share data and collaborate on this “fatigue factor” in the blood. The more scientists looking into this the better.

lauluce

The HHV-6 Foundation in a non-profit entity founded to encourage scientific exchange between investigators and to provide pilot grants for promising scientific and clinical research on the under- appreciated viruses HHV-6A and HHV-6B.
The Foundation sponsors international conferences and supports scientists and clinicians seeking to clarify the role of the two HHV-6 viruses in disease. Since HHV-6A and HHV-6B can smolder in the brain and other organs without circulating in the peripheral blood or plasma, identifying chronic infection is a challenge.
excelent info!! thanks!