• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

COVIDS-19 and MECFS Deserve Similar Respect

Stretched

If CFS had the notoriety of COVIDS-19 we would long ago have had a vaccine. Like many of us I’ve been following interviews with post-COVIDS and current patients. It’s amazing how many symptoms are being reported which parallel those of MECFS - at both phases of the illness.

Those formerly or actively afflicted Covid patients are reporting residual neurological, immunological and viral symptoms very close to those we PWCs have long endured, without much respect, Rightfully so, those C-19 patients are being targeted for care as soon as possible due to the high mortality potential along the curve. But
what about us who have been swept under the carpet for so long?

If we could now launch a concerted campaign to align our similar conditions to the C-19 population maybe we could become more visible and credible in the public eye and garner more respect for targeted cure from the medical community. Perhaps we should we ask SOLVE.CFS to launch a campaign to contact our representatives?

Last edited:

Rufous McKinney

maybe we could become more visible and credible in the public eye and garner more respect for targeted cure from the medical community. Should we ask SOLVE.CFS to launch a campaign to contact our representative?

This is a very very timely moment- we must all be very clever and do as much as we can to raise awareness.

This is a very very timely moment- we must all be very clever and do as much as we can to raise awareness.
Indeed.

I hope this doesn't sound wrong, but this pandemic could represent an opportunity for us. Who's gonna deny corona funding, even if it's a post corona infection syndrome. Or whatever you call it.

We have to surf the corona wave.

Stretched

I’ve noticed recent emails from our national association about joining forces with COVIDS gurus. Specifically, there’s a webinar, i.e. online, forthcoming on December 9, 2020:
1606604048557.png

Stretched

Duplicate posted, as a sequitur from thread.

This is a casual hypothesis based on the etiology of MECFS, and the possibly the treatment for the polio virus.

The illness is now regarded as neurological in expression, possibly mediated by some virus, as yet unproved. After-the-fact, in more recent years it has been likened to varying degrees of manifestation of the polio virus, at least attributed to some so-called subsets.

The poliovirus was halted in the mid 1950’s by the Salk vaccine and the Sabin vaccines, arguably arrested for some time if not cured? For an historical discussion of polio and vaccines see https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3782271/

Recent news is reporting some COVIDS victims manifests symptoms very similar to MECFS, which has not gone unnoticed by the scientific community. Research is following. If it turns out that
COVIDS and MECFS have similar molecular/genetic constituency it may be that a variant of one of the new vaccines could either cure or arrest MECFS.

Again, this is only an hypothesis tying together as yet unexplored constituencies. It might be the next step out of this malaise to pursue this question ubiquitously and loudly in the scientific community and associations with vested interests.