• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Covid vaccine side effect - persistent yeast infection. Any advice?

xena

Hi all, I had the Pfizer vaccine series back in March. I actually felt better after taking it, much more energy for a few days. I assume due to the immuno modulation but that wore off in a few days.

However, I developed a vaginal
yeast infection very soon after getting it (like a day) and it has persisted continuously since then. I have seen a reddit thread of others reporting the same, as well as a small number of reports on vaers.

(Please don't come on here to tell me I'm imagining this btw... Or that it must be unrelated. Thanks.)

I have heard that the vaccine can change our immunity in a couple ways but that it should be increasing antifungal immunity?

The only thing that helped was a high dose of reishi mushroom but I can't tolerate that continuously yet due to Lyme die off.
The boric acid capsules or dietary changes that previously helped my yeast infections don't resolve it. Pharmaceutical antifungal creams make me horribly itchy.

Broadly speaking my health has generally been getting better (I think due to other changes in my part) so I don't think the infection is linked with an overall downward trend. But the mucus membranes in my vagina sure are not happy.

Anyway if anyone has feedback on what's going on or what might help, I'd appreciate it.

percyval577

nucleus caudatus et al
Hi,
if it is candida albicans you might be interested in some literature linked to here: effects-on-candida.79798/. Or maybe it´s interesting anyway.

Also thanks for your observation. I havn't already had a vac, so something to additionally consider.

YippeeKi YOW !!

I have heard that the vaccine can change our immunity in a couple ways but that it should be increasing antifungal immunity?
It may have seriously screwed with you gut biome. Vag yeast infections are a common side-effect of antibiotics, chemo, and pretty much anything that alters your natural bacterial balance, which I have to assume COVID jabs do, big time.

You might consider probiotics. When I recently had to deal with a serious tooth/gum infection, the protocol I was using caused really severe constipation. I found a product made for use with antibiotics by Optibac, a UK company that has incredibly fast shipping and reasonable prices. Here's a link to their product:

For Those On Antibiotics
https://www.optibacprobiotics.com/product/for-those-on-antibiotics-10-capsules

10 capsules, about 10 days worth of treatment, are only $9.99, and they worked like a charm for me. I hope they help you, too ....

xena

It may have seriously screwed with you gut biome. Vag yeast infections are a common side-effect of antibiotics, chemo, and pretty much anything that alters your natural bacterial balance, which I have to assume COVID jabs do, big time.

You might consider probiotics. When I recently had to deal with a serious tooth/gum infection, the protocol I was using caused really severe constipation. I found a product made for use with antibiotics by Optibac, a UK company that has incredibly fast shipping and reasonable prices. Here's a link to their product:

For Those On Antibiotics
https://www.optibacprobiotics.com/product/for-those-on-antibiotics-10-capsules

10 capsules, about 10 days worth of treatment, are only $9.99, and they worked like a charm for me. I hope they help you, too ....
Thanks!!

Mouse girl

Have you gone to a gyno? I've had some problems with infections since I've had sooo much stress while in peri menopause. I don't know how diflucan may work for you, but for me, my body loves that drug. Diflucan is an anti fungal that has helped some people with cfs/me who have yeast stuff from the immune problem. I would see a regular doc and ask for diflucan, but i don't know if you have used that before or are sensitive to it. that's all i got. for me, when i'm worn or super sick, system gets all wack a do.

Shanti1

Administrator
You might consider a test like this one:
https://www.lifeextension.com/lab-testing/itemlc100091/comprehensive-vaginosis-profile (you can get it from Life Extension without a doc script). They basically culture out any yeast and dysbiotic bacteria and tell you which conventional and natural antimicrobials the offending organisms are sensitive to. It can be helpful to see if you have candida albicans, or if there is another yeast species, or if there is a bacteria involved or bacterial vaginosis.

Here are some products that may be helpful:
Oral vaginal health probiotic: Femdophilus from Jarrow
Vaginal probiotics: https://biomprobiotics.com/product/vaginal-probiotic-suppository-fragrance-free/
https://www.vaginalprobiotic.com/