• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Covid: Immune therapy from llamas shows promise

Treeman

My interest was sparked considering if it is effective against any of the suspects in ME/CFS.

Looks interesting, but will no doubt take time to come to market, if it ever does.

I thought reading it, it could be quick to the market due to it still been a rampaging disease in most of the world?

Hip

My interest was sparked considering if it is effective against any of the suspects in ME/CFS.

There are usually high levels of antibodies in ME/CFS patients to the viruses they have. If antibodies were effective for ME/CFS, then our immune system, pumping out those antibodies, would have cured us.

Antibodies are essential for acute infections, but ME/CFS involves intracellular viral infections, and antibodies do not really help much with those.