• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

COVID bringing ME/CFS out of remission

I'm curious if anyone knows of or has seen anything discussing the plausibility of COVID infection re-igniting and bringing ME/CFS out of remission. I mean, logic says duh, but I'm curious if any scientific minds have been discussing this.

My ME/CFS was in remission for several years (I was first diagnosed in 2002 and only got better after Chia's interferon protocol). There have been several questionable flares over the years but nothing like the exhaustion I felt when I first got ME. I had what my dr assumed was COVID November/December (two negative tests but symptomatic). Since then I've definitely felt a lot like I did when I first got ME. Fatigue and weird neuro symptoms and everything. Now I'm back to square one and it's very frustrating!