• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

covid brain fog in 25% of people

Jadzhia

I've a hunch Long Covid causes lowering of thyroid activity, thus making people at the very least sub-clinically hypothyroid (or maybe full-blown) - brain fog (and fatigue and a slew of other symptoms mentioned in connection with long Covid) are all hypo symptoms. Also, Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause brain fog too. I wouldn't be surprised if a bad case of Covid depletes B12 as well as other nutrients. All this causes the symptoms being reported, I feel. A number of people I know with hypothyroidism have had their thyroid labs show disruption after being vaccinated (they've reported a return to normality after 2-3 months). I suspect if you have Covid badly and the thyroid is affected, this effect carries on for far longer.

I am curious as to what 'help' governments have in mind! Considering how dreadfully they diagnose and treat hypothyroidism and ME/CFS, I can hardly wait to see! :oh-dear:

Last edited: