• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Covid Antibody Test result question UK (NHS)

Guwop2

Hello, I requested a Covid Antibody test from my GP and when the results came in I was just told they were 'Positive' - i.e. the vaccine worked/i have antibodies Had anyone managed to get hold of more detailed information, like the antibody count rather than just a positive/negative result? Perhaps I need to get a particular type of test done rather than the free one on the NHS? (if so, does anyone know what id need to ask for?)

Shanti1

Administrator
In the US it is called a COVID antibody test, Quantitative (QN) -- this is as opposed to a 'qualitative' test, which just says positive or negative. I am guessing it is the same in the UK, but hopefully someone will answer who can confirm that.