• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cover of The New York Times Magazine! Accurate and thorough. Wow

PisForPerseverance

Me/cfs and long covid are the subjects of the cover story in the New York Times Magazine. I couldn't believe it reading it. This is a new beginning, and while yes there's the huge tragedy of, as the article says, our numbers being (at least) doubled, this HUGE national focus, on Us!, carries so much promise. While it doesn't cover everything or some of the worst manifestations of the disease, it is accurate, extremely thorough, and does us justice, in my opinion. It even speaks about some of how we've been mistreated. Dr Fauci convened a meeting saying doctors need to learn me/cfs. We are being Seen. It's like going from the neglected back of the room to on stage. Wild. This is a new beginning and may all of us, eventually, reap the benefits.

Rufous McKinney

Me/cfs and long covid are the subjects of the cover story in the New York Times Magazine

So is there any way to get copies of this Magazine? Can they be bought somehow on its own? I really wish I had a copy, and sounds like it would be a super fabulous PR tool to possibly possess multiple copies.

Or we make offprints of the cover and the article.