• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Courier in Australia able to get my blood somewhere?

Does anyone know of a courier in Australia that can get my blood to USA or Belgium??
Thanks for any help, I am getting desperate, I can't find anything!

Megan

Heapsreal,

Maybe you can contact the office of dr Don Lewis in Melbourne. I know Kenny De Meirlier is due here in the second week of Feb. He orders tests and takes the blood back to redlabs. I dont know but you would probably need to ask to become a kenny patient to get the tests ordered. It is expensive for the testing but medicare helps with the consultation costs. PM me if you want more info.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Would DR Lewis work with Dr Deed, i assume they probably know each other as they are both the gurus in their states. I see dr deed next week and will ask him. Yes please PM me info on costs etc.

thanks!!!

I have had my blood sent overseas by courier. I used a company called Dangerous Goods Management. They supplied the dry ice (and worked out how much was needed). They picked up my blood sample from the pathhology lab and sent it to Belgium. They were very efficient and professional and I would recommend them. The cost was a bit under $1000, so I would suggest finding someone else who wants to send their blood too, and sharing the shipping cost. They have branches in all states and their website is www.dgm-aus.com.au.

Jane sorry about the late reply, I'm sure you know how relapses are!! Thanks for replying to my thread, are there any special preparations I need for the blood, or just get my doctor to fill out the forms from red labs, have the blood place draw it, and the courier pick it up from there?? Is it as simple as that

Tony

Still working on it all..
On the REDlabs forms: "SPECIMEN MUST BE RECEIVED WITHIN 72H AT ROOM TEMPERATURE" for the XMRV testing. And "2 ml whole blood in EDTA tube. Stable for 72 hours. For longer periods freeze at –20C or –80C."

http://www.redlabs.be/red-labs/ordering-tests/request-forms.php

Other tests have shorter stable times such as 24/48 hrs so that's where the dry ice really comes in. But maybe it's safer to just use that anyway. Over to the more expert Jane now...:)

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Spoke with Dr deed today and he said he is in contact with dr L regularly and said he will talk it over with him and maybe organise a group of his patients in brisbane to do the testing. sounds good.

cheers!!!
Heapsreal,

Maybe you can contact the office of dr Don Lewis in Melbourne. I know Kenny De Meirlier is due here in the second week of Feb. He orders tests and takes the blood back to redlabs. I dont know but you would probably need to ask to become a kenny patient to get the tests ordered. It is expensive for the testing but medicare helps with the consultation costs. PM me if you want more info.

Results

Redlabs says your doctor will get the results, but what if you want the results to go to yourself and not your doctor? Is there any way to do that??

Jemal

Redlabs says your doctor will get the results, but what if you want the results to go to yourself and not your doctor? Is there any way to do that??

I think you can bypass your doctor with Redlabs, at least I know of patients that got their results themselves... the most logical thing would be for the results to go to your doctor, though, I guess.

I think you can bypass your doctor with Redlabs, at least I know of patients that got their results themselves... the most logical thing would be for the results to go to your doctor, though, I guess.

How would I bypass the doctor? I know it sounds strange that I would want to, but the wait list to get into a 'proper' doctor in melbourne is too long so I need to go to a regular GP to get the tests done. The GP thinks it's ridiculous, but will still sign for me to get the blood, it's none of his or anyone elses business what the results are until I decide what to do with them.

Megan

I would have thought if you were getting a regular GP to do it then you could get them to give you the results too. But I have received some results directly from Redlabs, main thing is that you have to pay the bill, lol!

But before spending all that money you would need to make sure it is done right as someone above posted. Maybe your doctor can tee something up for you with dr Lewis?