• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Coronavirus Vaccine(s)

Fat Viking

The McKee and Kim studies show that Alum is “potentially harmful” to Mice.

Last edited:

Fat Viking

Also keep in mind that during the various trials, the more concerning adverse effects have been neurological in nature, including Transverse Myelitis.
Correct, neurologic and autoimmune diseases are common adverse reactions to Alum Vaccine(s).

andyguitar

Some positive news for a change!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-09 Covid vaccine First vaccine offers 90% protection.png
    Screenshot_2020-11-09 Covid vaccine First vaccine offers 90% protection.png
    729.2 KB · Views: 48
Hey all,

I'm a huge supporter of vaccines, used to be an aid worker and think even those with risks are worth it. And even though I can pin point the virus that likely made me sick that led to whatever type of auto immune/post viral I have (I think I have m.e. along with other conditions but I don't know), I also got a series of live, strong vaccines just before I really crashed into this, as well as Hep boosters. So I'm not sure how my immune system will take the covid vaccine and just wondering what others are thinking? Would be a relief to get it, but then worried it could cause the permanent crash I'm trying to avoid.

I'm also shielding as a mysterious virus that has cardiac, neurological and respiratory effects...been there, done that and not doing it again. I've not got much physical ability left to take and I'm clinging on to it! This seems medically sound to my doctor, is this generally the approach of others here?

Hipsman

I also got a series of live, strong vaccines just before I really crashed into this, as well as Hep boosters.
Have you thought about possibility of these vaccines triggering or significantly worsening your ME/CFS symptoms? There's a study of people developing ME/CFS after vaccines (1)

EDIT: Generally, from what I heard, taking multiple immune stimulators (vaccines are immune stimulators) in short period of time significantly increases chances of side effects. Taking one high quality vaccine probably has much lower chances of side effects.

Last edited:

Hip

I also got a series of live, strong vaccines just before I really crashed into this, as well as Hep boosters.

The hepatitis B vaccine seems to very occasionally trigger ME/CFS more than other vaccines. Dr John Chia has found that around 1.5% of his ME/CFS patients appeared to have their disease triggered by vaccination. Ref: 1 And one study found 5% of all ME/CFS cases followed hepatitis B vaccine. Ref: 1

So I guess your question is: will the COVID vaccines be a bit like the hep B vaccine, which seems to be more linked to ME/CFS than other vaccines; or will the COVID vaccines offer no risk of ME/CFS?

Unfortunately I don't think there's any answer to that in advance. But because the vaccines will be rolled out slowly (as they are not able to make enough doses all at once to cover the whole global population), it's possible by the time the vaccine becomes available to the populace at large, we will have some indication as to whether the COVID vaccines are causing side effects.

In terms of treating vaccine-triggered ME/CFS, Dr Osamu Hotta in Japan devised a simple and sometimes effective treatment. Dr Hotta discovered that ME/CFS-like illnesses triggered by HPV and other vaccinations often involve chronic inflammation in the nasopharynx (nasopharyngitis).

The nasopharynx is an area of mucous membranes located just above the back of the throat. Once this inflammation is treated by dabbing on an anti-inflammatory zinc chloride solution to the nasopharynx, this cured the illness in 25% of cases, and substantially improved it in 56% of cases. Refs: 1 2 3 4 Dr Osamu Hotta details his research in this video.

Last edited:
I am very concerned about the vaccine myself. I have had ME for 25 years following an enteroviral infection that caused autonomic dysfunction pericarditis muscle problems and a host of neurological symptoms. I know the pressure to have it is going to be enormous here in the UK and I am not against vaccination in general, but how can we determine that this is going to be safe and not render us all bedbound again or worse? Does anyone see Nancy Klimas and if so does she advocate the vaccine as being safe for those with ME? Maybe we could ask her opinion and see if she could make a video about this for us?

Wolfcub

I recall in 1991 after a serious car accident.... (I'll just add that someone slammed into me and flipped my car, and I was driving fine !!)....I had to have Tetanus innoculation. I had to have one shot each month for 3 months: August, September, and October.

I had no ill effects but for about a year after that my immune system was not working well. I caught everything going, including some weird stomach virus, and I NEVER got those. I also felt weary and about 70% if that of my norm al fitness (I was very athletic.)

Having had Covid already this year, I am undecided if I personally want the vaccine, or not yet.

I have heard it is 90% effective and has been proven to be safe (?) Heard that on the news today. So I am very glad to hear it's out there...but am personally wary.

Rebeccare

Moose Enthusiast
So I'm not sure how my immune system will take the covid vaccine and just wondering what others are thinking? Would be a relief to get it, but then worried it could cause the permanent crash I'm trying to avoid.

I'm wondering about this myself. I would like to get the vaccine, and I'm fortunate in that I've not had any long-term issues with vaccines--I've had flu vaccines as well as a Tdap or two since I've been sick. But I am worried about this, as it is a new vaccine, meaning it doesn't have a history we can analyze. I certainly won't be getting it without a good conversation with my doctor first. I also hope that some of the doctors studying ME/CFS can help guide us with their expertise.

I'm cautiously optimistic. But even though the trials haven't noted serious adverse reactions yet (that I know of), I imagine that the vaccine is only being tested on healthy patients at this point and people like us might react differently. Additionally, even though there haven't been problems with the 20,000-ish people who have received the vaccine, we might see rarer adverse reactions once hundreds of thousands or millions of people have received it.

The good news is that probably none of us is the first in line to receive a vaccine. It's going to be a slow roll-out, with the first doses probably going to first responders and other high-risk populations. This will give us some time to wait, watch how people respond to the vaccine, and decide what we think is safe for us.

In terms of treating vaccine-triggered ME/CFS, Dr Osamu Hotta in Japan devised a simple and sometimes effective treatment. Dr Hotta discovered that ME/CFS-like illnesses triggered by HPV and other vaccinations often involve chronic inflammation in the nasopharynx (nasopharyngitis).

I had heard of that test but didn't realise it was related to vaccines as well, I'll definitely look into it. But my Hep was a booster, so not sure why this time it would cause it though I am worried it might have sealed the deal so thtAs why I'm nervous of the covid one. I had a very mild virus long before, followed by about 6 months of worsening chronic infections, and it's hard to determine whether or not the vacinnes could be the root cause. I was also exposed to unusual illnesses in East Asia and East Africa just after the vacinnes, and I vaguely remember some neurological symptoms beginning after East Africa. But nevertheless, thank you for the tip, will be doing this as soon as it's safe to go to the doctor again.

The good news is that probably none of us is the first in line to receive a vaccine. It's going to be a slow roll-out, with the first doses probably going to first responders and other high-risk populations. This will give us some time to wait, watch how people respond to the vaccine, and decide what we think is safe for us.

Agree. I was thinking about getting it in the first wave of the general public just because in Ireland it's going to carry on well into 2021, and while I don't do much, I'm definitely one of the cases that slowly degrades over time, so would like to enjoy what I can when I can. But we've gotten this far, so will hold off and assess! thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Hip

The Headline is titled "Vaccine offers 90% protection" which should be a huge Red Flag to anyone and everyone. That other 10% could be deadly, especially in Alum Vaccine(s) such as Coronavirus Vaccine(s).

What you are saying simply does not follow. Whether the vaccine offers protection or not to a given individual is unrelated to any side effects the vaccine might cause.