• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Coronavirus May Be a Blood Vessel Disease, Which Explains Everything. Or at least, some things .......

YippeeKi YOW !!

Here 'ya go ..... I posted this in another thread and then realized it would probably be of interest to a lot of y'all who ight not read that particular thread ....

Coronavirus May Be a Blood Vessel Disease, Which Explains Everything
https://elemental.medium.com/corona...utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=in-text-link

Oh, wait ..... a blood vessel disease .... so yeah, definitely believe that thing about not blood transmissible ... makes total sense .... yeah. Hmmmm.

Rebeccare

Moose Enthusiast
Thank you for sharing @YippeeKi YOW !! It will be interesting to see if further research confirms what this author says. It would make sense, given the baffling symptoms that affect so many different parts of the body; this could be the unifying theory.

This article summarizes some of the findings in this paper, which was published in The Lancet in April. To quote the article (for those who just want a quick taste of the introduction):
April, blood clots emerged as one of the many mysterious symptoms attributed to Covid-19, a disease that had initially been thought to largely affect the lungs in the form of pneumonia. Quickly after came reports of young people dying due to coronavirus-related strokes. Next it was Covid toes — painful red or purple digits.

What do all of these symptoms have in common? An impairment in blood circulation. Add in the fact that 40% of deaths from Covid-19 are related to cardiovascular complications, and the disease starts to look like a vascular infection instead of a purely respiratory one.

Months into the pandemic, there is now a growing body of evidence to support the theory that the novel coronavirus can infect blood vessels, which could explain not only the high prevalence of blood clots, strokes, and heart attacks, but also provide an answer for the diverse set of head-to-toe symptoms that have emerged.

Wolfcub

Thank you so much for this post @YippeeKi YOW !!
I knew the coronavirus attached to ACE2 receptors, but the article you cited is breaking news for me.

It makes sense.

Now I think I get an idea why I had bright red pee on the 2nd morning with the virus, a gut that is still not quite right, bloodshot eye, tiny unexplained bruises on my thighs, and an appearance of minute petechiae all over my torso

godlovesatrier

This makes sense to me. I read it the other day. I really think it is highly likely to be attacking the blood vessels. Which is as ever not something modern science can easily track or trace in a human being. One day when they can track a live virus to its point in the body, we will all be better off!

andyguitar

It would make sense, given the baffling symptoms that affect so many different parts of the body; this could be the unifying theory.
It may also explain why there have been some cases of "Kawasaki Disease" in children. Although Covid has been subject to intense study over a period of months now I've not seen anything that provides strong evidence it came from an animal.