• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Coronavirus: Boris Johnson moved to intensive care as symptoms 'worsen' (BBC)

Hip

Apparently Boris is not on a ventilator, which is very good news, because 66% of coronavirus patients placed on a ventilator will die — grim statistics. Ref: 1

Last edited:

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
This article is frustrating. It just says he's likely been moved to ICU for monitoring and that he is probably receiving oxygen however, it does not saying what medications they may be giving him.

Somewhere I read today that the chief medical officer has banned doctors from treating Covid-19 with anything other than paracetamol and in severe cases, oxygen.

Have you heard anything more about this, @Hip? Not understanding your medical system there, I wonder is the chief medical officer the head of the NHS?

Hip

Have you heard anything more about this, @Hip? Not understanding your medical system there, I wonder is the chief medical officer the head of the NHS?

I have not heard anything about it. But generally the UK NHS does not go in for speculative treatments, it only uses treatments if there is an evidence base that they work.

I read today that for coronavirus patients requiring ICU care, 50% will die. News articles say Boris was moved to intensive care as a "precaution", so it's not clear whether he is a proper ICU patient.

andyguitar

He has improved a bit and has been able to get out of bed a walk a bit. Cant say I am a fan of his but I hope he gets back in control soon. His deputy Dominic Raab is not someone I would trust to get things done.