• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cordyceps - broad spectrum eliminated my joint and body pain

@klynn , it seems like when I find something to help, it is a supplement that brings down cortisol and I can't afford to go lower, I'm in the 4's first thing in the morning. Do you know what the side effects are?

I am just trying it and curious to the experiences being shared here, hoping that others have dug or discovered more.

I need to retest cortisol. It’s been awhile, but many things affect it (my thyroid meds were spiking it at one time, even when split dosing).

Even cortex supps can bug me, or zinc. I have had to divide all capsules into doses and work up to things so I rarely recommend things to anyone because I really appreciate how challenging it can be and I don’t trust that everything that works for someone else will work for me either.

But I prefer to hear from those who understand/can relate to how challenging it can be. It’s hard enough to risk our energy. I always worry with supps that I’m going to pay with a rebound so my radar stays out for months if not an w tire year on anything I try.

The one thing I can say is the coach tested it on my by having me break up the capsule, mix a portion in water, swish it in the mouth for awhile and then rid it. There were a series of daily steps over days/week’s before I was ok’d to even try 1 full capsule. I had to report any changes that were more than 15% difference. And if there were negatives I stepped back, stopped and looked for the spot where I was stable and steady again. I had a lot of time to watch & observe my body. It takes forever for me, but that’s the only way I can try things and know I’m not risking over stressing my system.

Paralee

@klynn , thanks for that piece of info, I hadn't thought to start out with something without ingesting. I don't know how you determined 15%, but I got what you were saying.
I tried inosine not too long ago, just about a fourth of a tablet, and it was a wonderful day, full of energy and mood was good. Second day was really good, too.....but not quite as good (still on small dose). Third day did me in. A lot of people take it with no problems, I can't figure out the connection, but it brings down cortisol on me.

@klynn , thanks for that piece of info, I hadn't thought to start out with something without ingesting. I don't know how you determined 15%, but I got what you were saying.
I tried inosine not too long ago, just about a fourth of a tablet, and it was a wonderful day, full of energy and mood was good. Second day was really good, too.....but not quite as good (still on small dose). Third day did me in. A lot of people take it with no problems, I can't figure out the connection, but it brings down cortisol on me.

2 good days in a row in one week is nice...

But rebounding back to not so good sounds like how it works for me w/lots of things. 1 day good can cost me the next. It’s made me hyperaware to balance & rebound factors.

Now, if I feel good or ‘normal,’ I generally break 1-5 days or more after and try again to see if it repeats until I see what it has to teach me about my system. A lot of my dialing in has had to slow way down to a much more gradual pacing of on & off.

But, getting one good day is like one good clue. And I always hope I can learn something from it that’ll help somehow.

Paralee

Thanks @klynn , I did try again after a while but I think my body caught on to the cortisol thingy, assuming that's what it was.....so, onward and forward (slowly) waiting for something else. That's a good idea not to push it, though. Thanks