• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Connection between hypercoagulation and thyroid

drob31

Relationship between thyroid hormones and fibrinogen levels.

We previously reported in a large population that plasma D-dimers and free thyroxine (FT4) levels were inversely correlated. Since D-dimers are also associated with fibrinogen levels, we analysed the relationship between fibrinogen and FT4 levels.

In conclusion, we found a negative and independent relationship between fibrinogen and FT4. These results are consistent with our previous findings of a tendency to a more coagulable state in patients with normal-low FT4 levels compared with those with normal-high FT4 levels.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10636459

Low serum thyrotropin is associated with high plasma fibrinogen.

CONCLUSIONS:
Thyroid function is associated with plasma fibrinogen. Decreased serum TSH is an independent risk factor for elevated plasma fibrinogen levels as a possible explanation for the high cardiovascular mortality among affected subjects.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16303831

It seems that hypercoagulation has a big impact on your thyroid. From a CFS perspective, it is known that thyroid issues are commonplace. I wonder if many of the symptoms could be attributed to this?

http://www.doctormyhill.co.uk/wiki/Hypothyroidism_-_A_Common_Hormonal_Problem_in_CFS

aquariusgirl

David berg looked at my ISAc panels ....said I had a ton of fibrinogen if I recall correctly....not hypercoag per se though

drob31

David berg looked at my ISAc panels ....said I had a ton of fibrinogen if I recall correctly....not hypercoag per se though

Have you tried anything to lower your fibrinogen? Lumbrokinase is very powerful for this.

Also, antiphospholipid antibodies can cause high fibrinogen.

aquariusgirl

Taken lumbrokinase nattokinase off & on...didn't notice any difference.....maybe too many other things going on

drob31

Taken lumbrokinase nattokinase off & on...didn't notice any difference.....maybe too many other things going on

Yeah, I know it should be decently high dose on an empty stomach at least 2-3x a day, for a few months.

drob31

I was sad to hear David Berg retired. What did he say the difference between hypercoag and fibrinogen were? I though they were the same.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I was sad to hear David Berg retired. What did he say the difference between hypercoag and fibrinogen were? I though they were the same.
He also looked at my ISAC test. It tests 4 different aspects of hypercoag as those likely to be found in ME/CFS patients. I "qualified" and did 7 months of low dose, low molecular weight heparin injections followed by regular nattokinase. This helped my general condition though I was not, at that time, at the disabled level.

drob31

He also looked at my ISAC test. It tests 4 different aspects of hypercoag as those likely to be found in ME/CFS patients. I "qualified" and did 7 months of low dose, low molecular weight heparin injections followed by regular nattokinase. This helped my general condition though I was not, at that time, at the disabled level.

Do you know if there is anyone left who can interpret this panel? I just had it run a few weeks ago, still waiting for the results.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Do you know if there is anyone left who can interpret this panel? I just had it run a few weeks ago, still waiting for the results.
A knowledgeable doctor--though I don't know who that would be. My doctor worked with Dr. Berg to interpret it for me.