• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Complete Symptom Relief and CFS Remission Since Starting Nitric Oxide Supplement

gregh286

Hi,
I've been on here a few years. Like most I have tried nearly every supplement there is, mostly a lot of rubbish.
On Feb 5th I started a product called MRI No2 Black.
http://mri-performance.com/products/no2-black/

I ran out around 10 days ago and symptoms started returning promptly.....a blessing in disguise as I was taking a lot of supplements and that was the only one i stopped before CFS come back....allowing me to pinpoint the actual beneficial supplement with high confidence.

Its a No2 booster with Actinos technology to keep the No2 longer in system.

I always suspected a blood vessel/dilation issue as dilators always provided relief,,,hot weather,,,humid weather,,,sauna.....hot baths,,,,,,red wine....etc.

This product will most likely work in the sub group that gets good relief from alcohol.

By 36 hours later I was a new person....complete symptom relief.
Fatigue gone, thirst gone, feet warmer, no tingling in hands,
I wake up totally refreshed now. My body wakening me ready to tackle the day ahead.

Over the past month I have gone back to surfing, golfing and so on without payback.
I have encouraged my closer friends I have met here etc with CFS to try it now since I have around 6 weeks in the clear with the exception of the running out "blip"..... too long for a "fluke" period. I will ask them to report their findings.

I would encourage anyone to try it and maybe we can do a poll later, prehaps better to all use same product to rule out brand variance.

Fluge and Mella haven't taken out a patent for no2 treatment in CFS for nothing.

I take 5 tablets twice a day. (equivalent of 10g daily of Arginine AKG.)

I look forward to more people trying it and joining me in the land of the living.

Anyone with CFS knows that "lactic" feeling on the legs etc....it lifts pretty quick, obviously the higher vasodilation creating easier lactate clearance from cells.
Bye for now.

BTW i still trying to figure out why we should have this No2 issue. Arginine is a potent Nk cell activator,.....so is it a NK issue. Do we have low epinephrine/norepinphine creating a low vasodilatory situation? Is low Taurine involved. I think we are closer than ever to finding answers with the Rituximab study well under way, OMF tests and so forth.
I think thats we crash hard under a stress situation as the vessels "tighten" up even more creating a tougher metabolic state and higher lactate. Personally, I'm persuaded towards weak adrenal output but time will tell, the No2 is "bypassing" this weak epinephrine state,

Last edited:

gregh286

Nitrates yea i tried imdur.....they are too powerful and.short acting. We need something that operates 24 hours a day.

Alcohol gives me great relief when i am consuming it but you payback with it as it creates more toxins. Now i can take alcohol without payback cos body can clear toxins much faster when taking NO2
There was a poll here not so long ago....better with alcohol or something to that effect.

JaimeS

as dilators always provided relief,,,hot weather,,,humid weather,,,sauna.....hot baths,,,,,,red wine....etc.

Yeah, Vinpocetine (a vasodilator) helped me with my symptoms despite having POTS. My docs lit refused to believe it was helpful. After abx, I didn't need it anymore.

Alcohol makes me feel way better, but hot and humid weather basically strike me across the back of the head. Not sure what to make of that!

I'm really glad you've found something helpful for you!

-J

aimossy

Dr Hornig had reported that their cohort was significantly low in ADMA assymetric dimethylarginine. I do wonder about the significance of this. It may have been in their CFI funded study nothing published on this though.

gregh286

Yeah, Vinpocetine (a vasodilator) helped me with my symptoms despite having POTS. My docs lit refused to believe it was helpful. After abx, I didn't need it anymore.

Alcohol makes me feel way better, but hot and humid weather basically strike me across the back of the head. Not sure what to make of that!

I'm really glad you've found something helpful for you!

-J

Vasodilator will help ease symptoms but it wont boost No2.
Increasing no2 intake will cover both bases.
POTS is lack of vasodilatory control....another symptom of poor NO2 status.

Gemini

I still trying to figure out why we should have this No2 issue. Arginine is a potent Nk cell activator,.....so is it a NK issue.. .. I think we are closer than ever to finding answers with the Rituximab study well under way, OMF tests and so forth.

Your No2 experience is very interesting, I hope you continue to update us...

Just watched Dr. Bell's video describing research into blood volume/vessel issues, have you seen it by any chance?

www.openmedicinefoundation.org/video-library/

With Bell joining OMF's Advisory Board & his interest in blood/volume/vessels & the Rituximab work, fingers crossed some of your questions will begin to be answered.

gregh286

Your No2 experience is very interesting, I hope you continue to update us...

Just watched Dr. Bell's video describing research into blood volume/vessel issues, have you seen it by any chance?

www.openmedicinefoundation.org/video-library/

With Bell joining OMF's Advisory Board & his interest in blood/volume/vessels & the Rituximab work, fingers crossed some of your questions will begin to be answered.

Hi.
No didnt see video but thanks for link. Looking at blood...vessels...volume will unearth something eventually.

gregh286

No real trigger per say...my onset was slow over a few years.
I think high stress job......too many alcohol units a week combined has overstressed my adrenals leading to low epinehpine and CFS thereafter. My krebs cycle.also highlights poor protein synthesis....this maybe contributes.

helen1

Thanks so much for letting us know @gregh286.

I fit your profile: saunas and hot baths and alcohol give me temporary relief from symptoms. I'm going to try the product and will let you know how it goes.

Edit: okay just had a look at the product and I'm worried about the arginine. When I took arginine a few years ago had a herpes flare within 24 hours. This is very rare for me, so have stayed away from arginine since then. I suppose I could load up on lysine and lysine rich foods and stay away from arginine rich foods if I do take this product.

Greg, can you tell me more about the arginine in this product?

Last edited: