• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CNN front page story about Whitney Dafoe, his family, and Ron's ME/CFS research

zzz

Last edited:

zzz

Over the last few hours, this story has been elevated from one of the leading stories on CNN's front page to the main story in the upper left corner, with a bigger headline and picture than any other story on the page. (U.S. edition only.) It's now impossible to miss this story, and the main title (He led a science revolution. Then his son got sick) would seem to be irresistible to anyone with a strong interest in science or medicine. As far as I know, such accurate and in-depth coverage describing the seriousness of ME is unprecedented in the mainstream media anywhere in the world.

It is so gratifying to see the coverage being received on a large-scale basis due to the unflinching efforts of the people involved. Positive publicity like this can't be bought.

Rufous McKinney

I sat in my chair, this morning, reading this and cried and just cried. I am overwhelmed by their sacrifice, and the significance of it to millions of others. I somehow feel truly privileged to receive the gift of knowing just a tiny bit, of what they have endured, and what they have given to our community, despite all this.

We don't meet Heroes, True Heroes, very often.

Gingergrrl

Over the last few hours, this story has been elevated from one of the leading stories on CNN's front page to the main story in the upper left corner, with a bigger headline and picture than any other story on the page. (U.S. edition only.)

When I looked at the CNN App on my phone this morning, this story was toward the bottom of the page and at present, it is the very first story when you open the App (US edition). This is absolutely amazing and the story is really well written.

It is so gratifying to see the coverage being received on a large-scale basis due to the unflinching efforts of the people involved. Positive publicity like this can't be bought.

I totally agree. It will carry a lot of weight with Dr. Davis's background, Stanford, and how well it explains the severity of Whitney's illness. It will really make people stop and think and I hope it will help with funding.