• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cleveland Clinic: XMRV in Gynecological Malignancies

Kati

Patient in training
Muffin, good luck with the surgery, hope all goes well- Keep us posted as well. .

I had a friend (really) that sucessfully treated (twice) cervical dysplasia with intravaginal washing with colloidal silver......Her doctor was ticked to say the least and fascinated but said they would not continue to watch her if she did not follow their protocol in the future. She was concerned about losing her health insurance if a bad test came back....so she was self medicating and it worked twice- about three years apart.

kat0465

Most interested in this one. I am waiting for my D&C to get the biopsy done on the endometrial tissue (uterine lining) to see why I have a 10mm lining after 4 years post meno (early and sudden meno which my internist said was NOT unusual with his CFIDS female patients). I plan on having a hysterectomy regardless of the results. IF it is cancer then they have to do the old surgery with an 8 to 12 week recovery. IF I don't show cancer, then I'll have the laporoscopy hysterectomy and get it all removed and cleaned out NOW before the problems begin (which, given the odd stuff going on with me I must assume will start at some point- not smart to assume, but with this disease ...).

So I am curious what came out of this study. If anyone finds out more on the results of this study please post. Thanks.

Good luck with your Hysterectomy Muffin,im almost 2 yrs out from a total one.( laproscopy) i think in all my years i had one bad pap come back, when i was in my 20's after that nothing, then when they did my hystorectomy, they found a cystic cervix! and i never had a bad report.
now, since the xmrv thing & then reading this im glad i had the surgery.

i wonde what it would have turned into, and i didnt even know it was there!