• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Chronic fatigue syndrome a possible long-term effect of Covid-19, experts say—CNN, Ryan Prior

godlovesatrier

I believe there was a recommendation for exercise and many on Twitter are being told to exercise. However the nice guidelines were changed go take out the exercise about a month ago.

But on Twitter many are being told to exercise. Although there is one guy going by the longcovid handle who is just bed bound so he couldn't even if he was told to.

Abrin

I was thinking that at the time, and I’m sure she was advised to avoid being pigeonholed with ME/CFS so they get access to proper medical help. Now I’m thinking it is better for it to be viewed like that in the public domain, so it doesn’t prevent them from accessing credible medical help that’ll prove useful to us if it’s the same/similar disease.

While I understand your thinking, I must admit for me personally it is definitely not the type of hope I can hang my hat on. :(