Choline causes brainfog

As a side note... I've experienced the same reaction with coQ10 as with Choline. Intense brain fog & lethargy. I wonder if there is a connection?

joejack102

I apologize for bumping an old post, but these same reactions to CDP Choline and Choline Bitrate and other similar supplements are exactly what I have posted about. I have not found an antidote to this reaction.

Belgiangirl

I abuse this by asking does someone here maybe know more about this problem I am describing?
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...ine-impairment-drug-induced-reversible.77198/

--> extreme cognitive decline after anticholinergics -> which is basically what can be expected cause it is written up all over scientific literature that it is a consequence upon taking them. I was highly gifted / hyperintelligent but my GP never did mention this side effect... I have a very low body weight (underweight heavily) and he didn't bother given me too large quantities anyway. I feel like he wanted to make sure that all my brain is completely collapsing from any function...

Now I am feeling like I have dementia, I am in the beginning of my 30ies. Since I have been ill all my life - and CFS got mentioned from 16 - I didn't have much of a life but since I am highly intelligent this was for me every reason to be still around here... and it was enough for me. Now my brain is dead and I am not the same person anymore, not even close. I am afraid how this will continue...

I orderede fosphatidylserine and huperzine A, upon taking it i got extremely headache (unfortunately i stopped with the anticholinerga already monts and months before cause another GP noticed it and thought it was completely crazy...). No positive change...

I do take lecithin and ginseng root.

Anyone having any ideas? Everything is welcome, I am as desperate as can be and getting depressed - something i won't be able to escape, esp more worrisome is that this is typical in dementia onset, especially in gifted people...

thank you very much

I abuse this by asking does someone here maybe know more about this problem I am describing?
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...ine-impairment-drug-induced-reversible.77198/

--> extreme cognitive decline after anticholinergics -> which is basically what can be expected cause it is written up all over scientific literature that it is a consequence upon taking them. I was highly gifted / hyperintelligent but my GP never did mention this side effect... I have a very low body weight (underweight heavily) and he didn't bother given me too large quantities anyway. I feel like he wanted to make sure that all my brain is completely collapsing from any function...

Now I am feeling like I have dementia, I am in the beginning of my 30ies. Since I have been ill all my life - and CFS got mentioned from 16 - I didn't have much of a life but since I am highly intelligent this was for me every reason to be still around here... and it was enough for me. Now my brain is dead and I am not the same person anymore, not even close. I am afraid how this will continue...

I orderede fosphatidylserine and huperzine A, upon taking it i got extremely headache (unfortunately i stopped with the anticholinerga already monts and months before cause another GP noticed it and thought it was completely crazy...). No positive change...

I do take lecithin and ginseng root.

Anyone having any ideas? Everything is welcome, I am as desperate as can be and getting depressed - something i won't be able to escape, esp more worrisome is that this is typical in dementia onset, especially in gifted people...

thank you very much
My case is very similar but the causes are different (CFS and mercury intoxication). I've experienced a extreme cognitive decline but variable, there are days that my brain fog is extreme and others that I can easily do cognitive activities and I feel sharp and relatively fast. I know my cholinergic system has damages (investigating and for deduction) and supplement cholinergic drugs help me a lot while the main problem isn't it, and I think you clould have the same: it is brain inflammation, especialy in subcortical areas. This is common in CFS and explain perfectly the variable cognitive decline. I recommend to you to try antiinflammatory drugs like liposomal curcumin. Don't worry about dosage, increase it if it's necessary to you.
On another hand, you could try brain training, memory training (loci method, speed reading, visual thinking and so on). It doesn't solve the head but could help you to move on with your problems.

Belgiangirl

Another update:

- Fosfatidylserine 500mg & huperzine A -> huge headache
- Huperzine A alone -> okay as far as I could notice
- I thought I took the combination of the above again but I am not sure.
- Lecithin 1200mg: take this daily for months -> no problem

Now I orderd the much more expensive patented and said to be good citicoline or GDP choline -> 250mg blended with fish oil, while my cognition was getting better
-> Headache again ... and I feel like a zombie, no information gets to me... I forget everything and remembering what I read is a challenge!!

I even forget what I want to put here :-/

WebMD mentions that doses up to 2000mgs /day are safe!!
https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-1090/citicoline

What can I do and what are you guys all telling about an interaction to DNA and choline?
What now?

PS I am underweight