• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Chiropractic Neurology for CFS ?

S

SDD1244

I think I mentioned in a couple of posts that I've been seeing a new physician. He is a Sports Medicine doctor and a neuro-chiropractor. Anyhow, I'm very impressed with this physician, as he did something very interesting and found a severe abnormality. He took my blood pressure in BOTH arms and also did a pulse ox in both arms. For my pulse ox results.... my result in my left arm was normal, but in my right arm, it was only 80. Apparently my result, according to him, is severe and indicative of hypoxemia.

Anyhow, this is the physician who is using the Bemer 3000 on me and also treating me for headaches. I think chiropractic neurology may be beneficial for some CFS patients.

Here are some links for more information for anyone who is interested:

http://www.functionalrestoration.com/chiropractic_neurology.htm

Where to find a neuro-chiropractor in your area:

http://www.acnb.org/locator/index.php

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
I think this is so interesting. Look at this from the website; isn't this what we've been talking about - stimulation problems?

how the different systems (visual, olfactory, proprioception, etc.) can afferentate (stimulate) the central nervous system specifically (for rehabilitation purposes) and how the central nervous system can affect function of any or all of these systems in turn.

Doesn't this sound like an ME/CFS patient? Limbic, sensory and cognitive...

many patients seen by chiropractic neurologists have a myriad of symptoms that can involve many systems including limbic (emotional), sensory/motor and cognitive. Treats symptoms ranging from vertigo, dystonia, learning disorders and pain syndromes.

(Interesting that they don't mention fatigue?) It's amazing what's out there. Good luck with it!

mojoey

Hi SDD1244

Where are you located if you don't mind me asking? My practitioner told me to look for a chiropractic neurologist today, and that rang a bell because of your post! I'm in socal

best,
joey

S

SDD1244

M0Joey,

I'm in Southern Arizona. I had my 3rd treatment (Bemer3000) and an adjustment yesterday with my new neuro-chiropractor and have felt so good today ! I only stick with things that help and so far, I'm very impressed with my new physician !

S

SDD1244

ggingues and Wayne,

At least we have more options (one of my favorite words) and I have found my new physician to be a great resource.