• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Chinese Skullcap & Perilla Seed Extract for Mast Cell Flares

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
Chinese skullcap (Scutellaria baicalensis) and perilla seed extract are recommended by MCAS practitioner Dr. Beth O'Hara for managing inflammatory cytokines caused by mast cell flares. This seems like good information beyond the typical "take vitamin C, quercetin & benadryl" treatment that gets parroted.

I am trying the liquid Huang Qin (Chinese skullcap) recommended in the above post and it seems very soothing and relaxing. I took 8 drops under my tongue last night and I felt very calm and relaxed before bed, like it "hit the spot" and seemed to decrease inflammation rather specifically.

Marylib

Thanks for reminding me. I think it was on my list at one point. Eventually I just haven't been able to afford so much stuff I let the good ideas go by the wayside.