Chills, what causes it

tiredowl

When I first became sick many years ago, my first symptoms was severe chills up and down my spine and neck, also it feels like I have it in my brain/head as well.
What causes it? I wonder if this could be LPS crossing my blood brain barrier, but it probably sounds crazy... I don't know.. All I know is that this is a prominent symptom I have when I get worse again.. Anyone else can relate to this? Maybe my adrenals arent working...

Last edited:

Judee

Take your blood pressure too. Oddly when my mom's spikes she gets shivery. I have very low bp but a recent probiotic raised it up to normal around 110/70 (about a 30-40 point jump for me) and I was clued in because all of sudden I was shivery.

My recent am cortisol test gave a range of 5.2 - 22.5 mcg/dL but that isn't the same units as yours I see and I'm not sure how to convert that.

sunshine44

When I first became sick many years ago, my first symptoms was severe chills up and down my spine and neck, also it feels like I have it in my brain/head as well.
What causes it? I wonder if this could be LPS crossing my blood brain barrier, but it probably sounds crazy... I don't know.. All I know is that this is a prominent symptom I have when I get worse again.. Anyone else can relate to this? Maybe my adrenals arent working...

this was one of my first big issues too!! wowzers. definitely adrenal related for me....fixing them has not been as easy.