• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

chest pain

hurtingallthetimet

ive had really bad chest pain and i konw anyone who could should go to doctor with chest pain..but i really dont have the money to do it..and ive been diagnosed with choron{somethnig} that causes sternum to be really sore...and it is even more sore to the touch its like the tissue is all brusied inside...im kinda scared because its the worse chest pain ive had..

but i cant afford to go to doctor and wondering if the condition i have just isnt getting worse? from what i was told its not something that kills you or anything just makes sternum sore..i have same problem with ribs...

plus ive been under a lot of stress a family pet we had alomst 20 yrs passed :(

just wondering if anyone else has or had the illness im not sure how to spell but described and if it gotten worse

taniaaust1

costochondritis is the word I think you were looking for.

Anyone getting a new symptom if a potentially serious one.. should go and see their doctor about it. ME/CFS dont make it impossible to not develop other things.

Chest pain is thou common in ME/CFS but i still think you should see a doctor for new kind of pain. Its better to be safe then end up sorry.

Most of my chest pain has been different then costochondritis thou I think I may of had that too in the past (cant quite remember it was way back.. I think I thou used to get some costochondristis back when I was more so hurting all over, there wasnt a part of me which didnt hurt).

The chest pains i most districtly remember used to getting was very severe kind in which had me hunching down clutching my chest (not there all the time but come on mostly after postexertionally crashing.. sometimes it went into my left shoulder but sometimes didnt). It really felt like as if I was having a heart attack. I didnt thou get rib sterum pain with those pains.

You are most likely to be fine but do see your doctor.

ME people have died from coexisting issues which can happen with the heart. (there was a young one called Cory I think his name was.. died from heart inflammation which they thought was probably virally caused. He'd got chest pain over the years with his ME.. he was around 23? when he was a ME fatality, irronically just at the time he was doing much better ME wise).

I would be more concerned with breathing or heart symptoms. Can you check your BP, heart rate, and breathing rate? If they are normal for you, that could ease your mind. Better to check your O2 Saturation but I am not sure if there is anywhere to do it free. Just my opinion, of course it is better to get real medical advice but I understand when you can't :(

*GG*

I know it sucks to be poor and add to the bills (what's money and more debt, they cannot reach you when you are gone), but would you be being a penny wise, but a pound foolish? I know you are miserable (like most of us), but I would think your immediate family would be crushed to lose you!

GG

hurtingallthetimet

thanks for the replies and advice...

ggingues your right i know my hubby and kids would be crushed..i do feel some better i took motrin and it or just time seemed to help...i think it was the costochondritis that was flaring up the worse as of yet beucase the motrin did help...its always sore but that was the worse it had been and made me feel like chest pains...so hopefully thats all it was...it is hard when you dont have moeny to go to doctors

Gavman

Are you on any ssris which could affect this? I just had an echocardiogram, again - heart is in good condition and nothing came of it.
Try some trigger point to release your rhomboids a bit as this seems to have a big impact on breathing/chest problems. But hey, its probably just another symptom and not important in the scheme of things.