• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cheney says do not get nagalase too low

cigana

Hi,

I don't know if this has already been posted, but in this recent talk by Cheney (toward the end):

he says it is important to not let nagalase drop into the normal range, it has to be mildly elevated. If it drops into the normal range, patients become ill again. He says this is because nagalase has an important role to play in proper immune function.

globalpilot

I watched that presentation as well and noted his comment about nagalase.
I do wonder though, if the problem isn't that the dose should be dropped as the nagalase reduces. That is, as the nagalase reduces, presumably the immune system is functioning better and doesn't need as much augmentation. He uses the same dose when the nagalase is dropping and this could be overstimulating the immune system.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I do wonder though, if the problem isn't that the dose should be dropped as the nagalase reduces. That is, as the nagalase reduces, presumably the immune system is functioning better and doesn't need as much augmentation. He uses the same dose when the nagalase is dropping and this could be overstimulating the immune system.

cigana

Yes, I agree with globalpilot. Dr. Cheney is the only one to have said this and he kept his doses the same--100 ng every 5 days if I remember correctly. Other doctors who are giving GcMAF to a lot of patients have not had his experienced but they do generally put patients on a maintenance dose once GcMAF is nearly in range. I am on a much lower dose than in the beginning and my nagalase is maintaining at just about normal.

Sushi

Hello,
I am wondering if anyone can tell me how to get my nagalase tested? I live in the United States and my Dr and I have not been able to find a place to test my nagalase. any help would be greatly aprreciated. Good luck to all!
Thanks!

JalapenoLuv

Good observation. The Gcmaf discussion starts at 35 min on that video. It sounds like their Gcmaf protocol isn't working because they are only getting partial cures.

His speculation that nagalase regulates something is just that. He doesn't know what and is guessing. In my opinion, the reason why people with lower nag values feel worse is because they are having higher herxheimer reactions due to remaining intracellular pathogens (virus, bacteria).

My blood level for nagalase on a different protocol was 1.8 U to start (3x normal), well below his starting value but by using a different set of therapies I'm improving while at 1.2. According to the Gcmaf company I am to treat two months more after getting to 0.6.

I don't think there is any nagalase in the body. The only reason there is a low level is because most people are infected by a low of epstein barr virus and there is a residual amount. Having zero should be normal if you don't have any virus' or cancer.

Last edited: