• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Changes to forehead shape

ChrisD

Recently I’ve been noticing that my forehead sort of aches when I’m speaking or just in general when moving my face. I’m 28 and in the last 6 months I’ve noticed my face has aged quite quickly with forehead wrinkles (which might be normal but feels like part of having ME to me), I think these changes have been brought on quicker and it’s getting me down a bit.

Anyway I also started to notice that my forehead has changed shape, as if the brow bone of the skull has protruded more so that I have this ridge and then my eye brows are slipping underneath it.

It could be completely normal aging that would have happened anyway but it just doesn’t feel normal what with the aching, and also I think it is related to strange goings on with muscles in the top of my head and neck - as if there is some knock on effect of poor posture etc.

I’m finding it quite hard mentally to see m appearance changing so drastically. Has anyone else experienced this forehead bulge?

Seven7

Seven
I get that! Actually had a day ago where it
Starts with a lot of brain symptoms, where I get confused, I get bumps in top of he head, left or right side, this last time for head kinda shrink and protruded in the middle. Lasts usually about a few days, then I get like a burning and drainage in ear then the bump goes away. Have not found the source yet.

I've had this as a result of loss of subcutaneous fat. My temples and forehead (along with rest of my face) have wasted, which has caused deep wrinkles/lines in my forehead.

I get pain in the roof of my mouth which is referred to my forehead. I think it is likely the result of some kind infection or growth in the nasopharynx and/or sinuses.