• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Chakra healing for ME/CFS

CantThink

Yes, I take it back, not ALL of the doctors in the UK are uninterested/disbelieving in ME/cfs.. http://www.investinme.org/IiME IIMEC10.htm

There are still medical professionals fighting our cause..

Thankfully!

It's just a really travesty that the odds of us coming into contact with a believing, knowledgeable M.E. doctor on the NHS and who is actually able and allowed to help.us are slim to none!

Leopardtail

I havent ever found any chakra work done on me helpful at all .. neither is reiki or any other kind of spiritual healing Ive tried on the ME/CFS (Ive thou found things like this helpful on other illness). Speaking of chakras thou, Ive found it is around the spleen chakra which is extremely dirty energy in ME patients.. and this energy then can pollute other chakras or places in the body.

With meditation, I used to run an advanced meditation group before I got ME.. when I got ME I found myself unable to meditate properly (after years of experience with this when healthy). This made no sense to me at all until I had EEGs done and found out my brainwave patterns carry the typical ME unspecific abnormality and my brainwaves dont slow down at all how they are supposed to when my eyes are shut or Im relaxed. (I would assume while Im asleep too my brainwaves are abnormal).

So it makes it irronic to me that so many with ME/CFS are told to meditate.
I have read quite a few things saying that we are both placebo resistant and hypnosis resistant tania, so that sounds about right...

ChrisD

I had a 'Chakra test' done in a Yoga centre, it was a very debatable test but what I found interesting is that my weakest Chakras were 2,3,4 which I believe are located around the Gut, Liver and Stomach. Whilst this is by no means a 'comprehensive' test, I just found that quite interesting as I have already witnessed many crossovers between TCM, Ayurveda, general eastern medicine and the symptoms of ME/CFS

boolybooly

I find any practice which calms the mind is helpful as the less effort I put into thinking the less rough I feel. IMHO its just because of the way ME is, any activity entailing energy use causes adverse reactions. Its easy to overlook how much energy thinking requires.