• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFSAC meeting agenda posted

anncavan

The agenda for Wednesday 10/13 and Thursday 10/14 has been posted. See here: http://www.hhs.gov/advcomcfs/meetings/agendas/cfsac20100923_agenda.html

It's pretty bleak. Science Day is where it's going to be! The initial announcement made it sound like Science Day wasn't open to the public. This is not correct, there simply are not times for public statements that day.

Here's what I know about "Science Day" Tuesday 10/12:
http://lannieinthelymelight.blogspot.com/2010/09/cfsac-meeting-testimony-deadline.html

In my book, a much more interesting day!!! Hope to see you there.

BEG

day going to be available to watch live on the web?

Good question. Here is their contact info. I'm sure you can get an answer.

For further information, contact:

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advisory Committee (CFSAC)
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Hubert H. Humphrey Building, Room 712E
200 Independence Avenue SW.
Washington, DC 20201
(202) 690-7650 (Voice)
(202) 401-4005 (FAX)
cfsac@hhs.gov (Email)

Stone

Boy, I sincerely hope the meeting will be more exciting than the agenda looks. I mean really, with all that has happened since the last meeting and all that urgently needs to happen before we sufferers actually see some real, practical and concrete RELIEF from this continuous nightmare, I can think of lots of things that could and should be discussed as well as recommendations that could and should be made. (I say this as if something usually happens in response to the recommendations, ha!) I hope I'm pleasantly surprised. I hope, I hope, I hope. Maybe it will be different this time.

I hope to go to the meeting on the 12th...keeping my fingers crossed! I also want to attend the NJCFSA Conference on 10/17 and see Judy Mikovits speak again!

Karen