• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFIDS Association research webinar

jspotila

The next CAA webinar is May 4th at 3pm Eastern. Registration is now open: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/922384369

You can submit questions in advance through the comment box on the registration page.

This webinar will cover three of the six grants currently funded by the Association:

The three projects that Dr. Vernon will describe in this webinar are:

Gordon Broderick, PhD, University of Alberta
Title: Molecular patterns of persistent immune activation in a post-infectious adolescent cohort
Objective: To use network analysis of gene expression and endocrine measures to identify biomarkers that describe the events from infectious mononucleosis to post-infection CFS.

Sanjay Shukla, PhD, Marshfield Clinic Research Foundation
Title: Metagenomics approach to study chronic fatigue syndrome patients
Objective: Determine if there is an altered ratio of gut commensal and pathogenic bacteria in CFS and if exercise increases microbe translocation to cause post-exertion symptoms.

Bud Mishra, PhD, New York University
Title: Translate science to a cure for CFS
Objective: To seek an etiologic explanation for CFS symptoms by designing a system that combines published literature with experimental data.

The other three projects directly funded by the CFIDS Association will be featured in a webinar on June 17. A recording of a February 18 overview of the Association's research program is archived at http://www.cfids.org/webinar/series2010.asp.

Jerry S

I look forward to watching this webinar. It sounds really interesting. Thank you, Jennie. Thank you, CAA.

Dolphin

Anyone watch this? Any points of interest? I'm interested in anything (i.e. don't presume I know anything). I presume others are similar. I can't see any other threads on it.