• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cervical spine stenosis as a cause of severe ME/CFS and orthostatic intolerance symptoms

Starsister

yes I was told had hypermobility back after my neck got messed up--the main thing that seemed to mess my neck up was chriropractic, fast old school ones, back at the beginning of these problems. So I have avoided them like the plague but hey we are all different and it makes you feel better go with it as long as they seem competent and know your situation. Maybe some sort of strengthening while lying on floor would be good too though? I dont think I am as mobile anymore because of age and calcification etc

i am starting to wonder tho if something controls our life this much if that isn't the time to consider surgery? If I do consider it I am going to see how well it works if I insist on some individualized consideration of how they do anesthesia and pain control afterwards given I have abnormal genetic tests that show my sensitivity.
I looked into the "minimally invasive " procedure they advertise on tv...had hope till she told me the closest clinic was in Oklahoma and they require someone to come with you and stay in hotel. I burst in to tears on phone as I have no one. But then read up on procedure and that spine institute and they'd been sued multiple times for performing unnecessary surgeries and overcharging insurance companies, so when the spine guy in my city took a cervical and lumbar X-ray and said he saw nothing that surgery could help with, I moved on. But he only did two X-rays and a chiropractic office wanted to see the rest of my spine with 2 more X-rays...the combined efffect really was dramatic looking at that complete S shape!

I've been researching my chest pain and high resting heart rate episodes and saw connection to dysautomania and pots, as well as the hypermobility, so since I have to be my own dr, I'm not giving up on the idea that whatever is messing with my spine is causing the increase in Pots symptoms the last two years.