• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ceruloplasmin and free copper

pspa123

I recently self-tested on the relatively low end of the lab range for ceruloplasmin, with the consequence that my mid-range serum copper calculates out to a relatively high free copper percentage (about 30). I cannot imagine based on the descriptions I have Wilson's disease, which along with a few other rare things is identified as a potential cause of low ceruloplasmin. My plasma zinc by the way is right in the middle of the range and my copper zinc ratio is just about 1:1.

Can one raise ceruloplasmin, or is the best course here to try to lower the serum copper in order to bring the free percentage down? Or is this just nothing to be concerned about? Any advice welcome.