• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cellulose Gum Alters Gut Microbiome

Wishful

https://newatlas.com/health-wellbeing/food-additive-emulsifier-cmc-gut-bacteria-inflammation/

It's a common emulsifier in processed foods, and this study shows that it doesn't 'just pass through' as was believed, but instead causes changes that could lead to gut inflammation. Independent verification is needed, but if you've got gut inflammation troubles, don't assume this additive is completely safe so that you don't need to test whether it's a problem for you.

YippeeKi YOW !!

Interesting, @Wishful .... it also makes me wonder about all those capsules of herbs and vits labeled as 'vegetarian' which are the only other option if you react badly to animal gelatin caps, which I do. Go figure.

Food for thought. No pun intended, it just sort of sprung up, like Jason and the Dragon's Teeth ....