• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Celiac Disease and Gluten: Facts, Fiction & Controversies

xchocoholic

http://www.ucsd.tv/search-details.aspx?showID=19658

This might help you understand how gluten can affect other parts of the body and not cause celiac disease. It's over an hour but well worth it.

One thing they don't touch on here is that many celiacs don't just majically heal up after removing the gluten from their diet. Gluten can cause damage to many parts of the body, including the liver, pancreas, brain, etc and yet when most celiacs are diagnosed their doctors don't look for this.

Not only that, from what I've seen most celiacs aren't tested for nutritional deficiencies EVEN though celiac disease causes malnutrition ...

I could go on ... :(

Bottom line, IMHO, if you're diagnosed with ME/CFS or any other chronic illness, you need to be tested for gluten intolerance ...

Let's not forget those other food intolerances either though. Leaky gut can cause anyone to have food intolerances. That's a whole other topic though ... tc ... x