• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CDC scientist behind this study was behind 1994 no-link study !!!!

natasa778

Heneine W, Woods TC, Sinha SD, Khan AS, Chapman LE, Schonberger
LB, Folks TM:

Lack of evidence for infection with known human and animal retroviruses in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome.

Clin Infect Dis1994, 18 Suppl 1:S121-12

CBS

Not much incentive for Walid to provide evidence that he (she?) got it wrong the first time around, is there?

Note the title "Lack of evidence..." in 1994 paper and "Absence of evidence..." on today's paper. There appears to be a pattern emerging here.

I'm not sure I'd put Walid Heneine in charge of finding anything. Time to run off to pubmed and see what Walid Heneine can find.

floydguy

CDC

Anytime you have an agency that is regulating and promoting (vaccines, et al) at the same you time you are going to have problems. The pressure should be for Congress to make major changes to the CDC including taking away safety enforcement of vaccines and giving it to another agency. The CDC at this point is essentially a marketing arm of the vaccination companies. And many of the CDC employees are enjoying the fruits of nearly 100% margins on mandatory vaccinations. Ridiculous.

Putting organizational reputation ahead of the truth: A pattern?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/26/AR2010052604841.html

anciendaze

nobody jumped on the "known" part in 1994 then?

Read "Osler's Web". You can get a cheap used copy of the 1996 edition which now looks positively prescient.

When Tom Folks was directly involved with efforts to improve CDC labwork so they could detect what Elaine DeFreitas found, he got preliminary results matching those of DeFreitas. When Heneine was on the case, reproducibility went down. He also froze the samples, after getting specific warnings in writing that this was likely to break long molecules and lower the number copies available for PCR.

Samples from DeFreitas' lab. were imaged with transmission electron microscopy. When these pictures were sent to an outside expert, they reported that a 70 nm C-type virus imaged must be a retrovirus. I have heard they even had images of virions inside mitochondria.

The responses to these pictures fell in three categories:

1) refusing to look at them.
2) "that don't mean nothing"
3) "obviously contamination".

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
You guys are good

Keep it coming. I am too far gone for this but I can sign anywhere or do easy emails.

When I told my gp about xmrv back in November, he looked it up and all he could dig up was the previous negative study from Freitas days, even my brain knows this has to stop. This is what our doctirs have to go by.

Dont let this go -- Most are too young to know what happened with syphyliss- terrible. But now Freitas happening all over again. We cant let that happen again.

glen

judderwocky

Keep it coming. I am too far gone for this but I can sign anywhere or do easy emails.

When I told my gp about xmrv back in November, he looked it up and all he could dig up was the previous negative study from Freitas days, even my brain knows this has to stop. This is what our doctirs have to go by.

Dont let this go -- Most are too young to know what happened with syphyliss- terrible. But now Freitas happening all over again. We cant let that happen again.

glen

awesome find guys!!! we've got them in the hot pan right now... with professors like virology.ws voicing their opinion separately from ours, were begining to apply pressure...
the petition is over 320 now

natasa778

There is a book called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, edited by S Straus, published 1994

page 200 onwards of this book is a chapter written by Heneine and another guy on viruses in cfs - the conclusion part is missing from google books preview but easy to gather as 1994 is the year Heneine could not find ANYTHING in CFS ...

I cannot post the link but if you google it a preview should come up.

The forword is by Wessely, very sickening, he talks at length about hysteria and neurastenia and false illness beliefs etc.

Sharpe also has a chapter.

Heneine is in a very good company there.

In the early 90s he published loads of papers that didn't find any retroviral contaminants in the MMR vaccine. Then in one study he found some contamination. But the viral product did not pass on to the recipients. So all hunky dory. Nothing to worry about.

That guy seems to be something of a mercenary, a professional hitman - whatever your "problem" he will make it disappear, :cool:

Attachments

• hw..JPG
    hw..JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 16

justinreilly

At CDC Tom Folks was astounded at Heneine's insubordination. Heneine told Folk's he refused to work on such nonsense as 'CFS'. Folks had to tell him: I am your superior; you will work on this. he did significant things wrong every single time and they had to repeat the attempt to find defreitas' rv over and over never getting it right and following defreitas' instructions. they refused an offer from defreitas to come to cdc to help them do it right on her own dime after cdc said they could come to philly but defreitas would have to pay for it. the whole thing is sickening; heneine and reeves can't stop lying ever or their whole scheme will fall apart and they'll go to prison.

judderwocky

At CDC Tom Folks was astounded at Heneine's insubordination. Heneine told Folk's he refused to work on such nonsense as 'CFS'. Folks had to tell him: I am your superior; you will work on this. he did significant things wrong every single time and they had to repeat the attempt to find defreitas' rv over and over never getting it right and following defreitas' instructions. they refused an offer from defreitas to come to cdc to help them do it right on her own dime after cdc said they could come to philly but defreitas would have to pay for it. the whole thing is sickening; heneine and reeves can't stop lying ever or their whole scheme will fall apart and they'll go to prison.

Well... if thats the case then i know where im gonna be working when i get well...