• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CBD oil for neuropathic pain

Emmarose47

Hi all
I have had pretty solid deep throbbing , pricking in my hands and feet which sounds like peripheral neuropathy.
I've taking naproxen which does take edge off but don't want to take much due to stomach inflammation ( I do take omeprozole.
I'm thinking of CBD oil ..
Anyone have experience of using it ?
Any leads to UK suppliers good quality ?

I've just finished a pot from a company called Herbactive in the UK. Cost about £40, I had high hopes as my legs and feet have been terrible recently. The owner is an experienced herbalist and is happy to answer questions via email.

https://www.herbactive.co.uk/

Unfortunately I cannot say it has had a great effect, although very effective for eczema. The same herbalist does a neuropathic tonic "nerveshield" Again I have not really noticed the effect and it is too sedating for people with M.E to be taking all day to get the required dosage. Also cost is prohibitive for me.

I have reverted to aloe vera gel and black seed oil. Fisiocrem can also provide temporary relief as the menthol seems to calm the nerves - although maybe too strong for some.

Hope this is of some help.

Rufous McKinney

I have had pretty solid deep throbbing , pricking in my hands and feet which sounds like peripheral neuropathy.

I've used both CBD lotions that you apply to the skin, and one with THC:CBD 3:1 ratio...and they are very helpful for certain topical neuropathies....

swelling surface veins in my hand and arm, tied to cold inside the knuckle (cold= wind in chinese medicine energetics). goes away after 20 minutes.

a root canal nerve refused to calm down, applied by my nose to the skin, the nerve is soothed.

Jaw, trigeminal nerve- rub on. I'll use the lotion which I ran out of, on my neck and lymph.

this is not about numbing, its about reducing some inflammatory response it seems.