• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CBD oil and headaches

Has anyone gotten headaches from CBD oil?

I have a reputable brand (recommended by a functional medicine doctor from a good source) and I feel good when I initially take it. However, the next day I'll have a headache, in particular focused at the front right of my head.

I would like to take CBD as I feel good when I do take it and I think it would help with brain fog, but obviously wouldn't like to have headaches. Has anyone experienced similar?

Wolfcub

No I have not tried cbd oil. I am a bit wary of it as way back in the past cannabis had a horrible effect on me. I know it was cannabis plus the THC....the whole thing in a joint. But ....:yuck:

So that's why I haven't tried it (yet.)

But coincidentally one of my symptoms which has recurred from day 1 (the very first day this all started) was a frontal right-side headache. Nothing was found on a scan, and no obvious medical explanation for it.

southwestforests

Been using CBD oil for most of this year and have not noticed such a thing.
But while talking headaches ...
At the moment I've got a man-eating headache from the kind of sinus infection where your farm burg doctor looks up your sinuses and says, "Yep, that is a bit of a mess in there."
And there may be an element of migraine attending the party, too.
And CBD oil is offering some relief.

@geekbread Yes, I've had headaches in exactly the same spot. Odd!! They're not very strong though, certainly not strong enough to stop taking it as it's been really good for me.

I didn't get much help from it when I first began taking it, except for a calming effect. I was beginning to think it wasn't going to do much for me.

Then I took it a week before I had a funeral to attend and was pretty amazed at how it helped when I could feel I was starting to crash. It made a big difference for me for anxiety, mood, stress and PEM.

Would like to know what the deal is with the headache though. It doesn't happen every day I take it though so l'll cop it.

I can't tolerate CBD at all. It makes me nauseated and sick, creating the very symptoms many people take it to eleviate same symptoms. If your getting a reaction, just like anything else we do here as an experiment, listen to your body and stop taking it. Our body oftentimes knows better than our logic thinks we know. :)

Rufous McKinney

My husband takes it occasionally and never got headaches- just sleepy when he gets up which he didn't like (welcome to our world, all day!). (no coffee in six weeks here)

I'm personally in love with a CBD lotion I obtained and apply to places that feel inflamed, achy, lymphy or crappy.

Its improved- my swollen jaw, the sore tooth nerve (just put it on the outside by where that nerve is).., my neck is alot better..., now slathering it on inflamed knees and elbows. (it says not intended for the face, its been fine...putting it on my jaw...)(keep away from eyes clearly).

This brand has 208 mg CBD, 0 THC, and no perfumes or smell. In a 4 oz. jar.

BeADocToGoTo1

Has anyone gotten headaches from CBD oil?...
I would like to take CBD as I feel good when I do take it and I think it would help with brain fog, but obviously wouldn't like to have headaches. Has anyone experienced similar?
I also get headaches, nausea and mindfog from it and avoid it all together. You could experiment with different strengths, different ratios of CBD and THC and different high quality organic brands. It may be the other ingredients of that specific brand that are messing with you, or like many others just be sensitive to it.