• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Catheter-Based Cardio-Neural Ablation for Refractory Vasovagal Syncope

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Abstract and Figures
We highlight the feasibility and efficacy of a new application for catheter ablation to target atrial ganglionated plexi in a patient with refractory vasovagal syncope. We describe a physiologically guided technique and demonstrate 18-month freedom from syncope with 2 tilt-table tests to objectively assess reproducible elimination of symptomatology and underlying pathophysiology.

I will be getting this procedure sometime in the next few months as part of a cardiac ablation for Atrial Fibrillation. This looks like an exciting new approach. It is being offered by Dr. Peem Lorvidhaya, though that is not the electrophysiologist who will be treating me.:
Dr. Peem Lorvidhaya has pioneered a new program at Mary Washington Healthcare, using cardioneuroablation to treat patients with vasovagal syncope, sick sinus syndrome, functional AV block, and other types of dysautonomia such as POTS.
https://www.fredcardio.com/posts/ne...dericksburg-,Dr.,of dysautonomia such as POTS.

kangaSue

I've got another thought for you on a lesser procedure to maybe try for Afib, splanchnic nerve block or a celiac plexus block, but can you refresh my memory first on some things that would also likely be involved for a block to be of benefit - do you also have chronic issues with your GI system, or POTS, or other form of orthostatic intolerance, or autonomic dysfunction? Just a simple yes or no answer for each problem will suffice.

Sushi

I've got another thought for you on a lesser procedure to maybe try for Afib, splanchnic nerve block or a celiac plexus block, but can you refresh my memory first on some things that would also likely be involved for a block to be of benefit - do you also have chronic issues with your GI system, or POTS, or other form of orthostatic intolerance, or autonomic dysfunction? Just a simple yes or no answer for each problem will suffice.
I have long-standing orthostatic intolerance and other manifestations of Dysautonomia, and I have dysbiosis. How would a splanchic nerve block stop Afib? The errant electrical signals are originate from the heart tissue.

Sushi

I will be getting this procedure sometime in the next few months as part of a cardiac ablation for Atrial Fibrillation. This looks like an exciting new approach. It is being offered by Dr. Peem Lorvidhaya, though that is not the electrophysiologist who will be treating me.: https://www.fredcardio.com/posts/news/dr-lorvidhaya-brings-innovative-new-treatment-to-mwhc/#:~:text=Associates of Fredericksburg-,Dr.,of dysautonomia such as POTS.

Is anyone else with Dysautonomia interested in this? According to what I have read, there have been long-term positive responses to this treatment. I am very interested.

Jyoti

Is anyone else with Dysautonomia interested in this?
I am interested as well..... Will be wishing you luck with this for your A-Fib, but also hoping it makes a difference in relation to the dysautonomic issues too. Keep us posted!