• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can’t get Valcyte, other options for EBV, HHV6

I’m having a difficult time getting more prescriptions for Valcyte because of the immune suppression side effect (I’m also fighting chronic Lyme).
What else can I take to treat EBV, HHV-6, and CMV? Would Famvir and Valtrex be an alternative? I read Famvir targets HHV-6 and CMV and Valtrex targets EBV. But any suggestions I would really be grateful for.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
@lara mccabe
I think @heapsreal has taken cycloferon to good effect and maybe still does, for cmv I think. I’m sure he can tell you more…
Most suppliers were from Ukraine or Russia, with their situation going on makes it hard to get. I think Australia stopped all banking transactions with Russia. Ukraine most probably closed up shop.
I liked it and it helped some but not a cure but can Improve things for awhile I found, others got strong herx reactions to it.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I’m having a difficult time getting more prescriptions for Valcyte because of the immune suppression side effect (I’m also fighting chronic Lyme).
What else can I take to treat EBV, HHV-6, and CMV? Would Famvir and Valtrex be an alternative? I read Famvir targets HHV-6 and CMV and Valtrex targets EBV. But any suggestions I would really be grateful for.

Up the famvir while hitting lyme. What are you doing for lyme? I've heard dapsone, doxy, rifampon for 8 weeks increasing the bugs for many???