• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Candida and SIBO

HABS93

I'm taking candida Sap by NFH has anyone else taken this product before? Trying to get a better picture of what it is. My waste is coming out runny now (Prob Thanksgiving I ate some not good things).

HABS93

This is the one. Also I learned do not take this on a empty stomach as I had pain in the intestines so Deff alot going on down there. Have no idea if this is enough to control the fungal overrgrowths . It feels .Like fixing this should reduce my symptom's though

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-17-12-37-14-052_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-10-17-12-37-14-052_com.android.chrome.jpg
    460.8 KB · Views: 19

Mary

Moderator Resource
@HABS93 - I noticed the Candida SAP has calcium, magnesium and zinc "caprylate". Caprylate is a salt or ester of caprylic acid. Coconut oil is a great source of caprylic acid and can be very effective against candida. https://www.healthline.com/health/caprylic-acid-coconut-oil#TOC_TITLE_HDR_1

I used it some 16 years ago for candida. It was very powerful and caused a very strong herx reaction so I had to go slow. I worked gradually up to 2 tablespoons a day, took it for 11 days as I recall and that was it. It melts at 76 degrees so I just took it plain, it melted in my mouth, and that didn't bother me. Someone else might want to mix it with something.

Also, kefir has been great for my digestion. If I ever have a problem with diarrhea, a glass or 2 of kefir for a couple of days always clears it right up. Once I had diarrhea for 6 months - I tried every probiotic I could think of, cheap and expensive, and nothing worked. A SIBO test was negative. And then I tried kefir and within a week I was back to normal. So it's my go-to now whenever I have problems.

Also, if you have problems with SIBO, that can be caused by low stomach acid, which seems to be very common with ME/CFS. Stomach acid helps keep harmful bacteria in check so if it's low, the harmful bacteria can proliferate. I learned many years ago I needed to take betaine HCL with meals and it improved my digestion a lot. A simple test which can indicate if you're low in stomach is to drink 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in 8 ounces of water on an empty stomach. The empty stomach is important because the baking soda will neutralize stomach acid. If you don't burp within a few minutes after drinking this (maybe a maximum of 5 minutes or so), it can indicate low stomach acid.

HABS93

@Mary I found out I have both candida and SIBO . This explains the random nausea and stomach aches caused by nothing . I took this on a empty stomach and my intestines were so painful last night. So I assume this needs to be taken with a meal. Or that Was a herx reaction ?
It has odourless garlic. X 150mg.
Berberine Hcl 25mg
Oregano leaf extract 100mg
Selenium 50mcg
Calcium caprylate 150mg
Magnesium caprylate 100mg
Zinc caprylate 20mg
Just so no one has to keep looking it up.

HABS93

@Mary definitely going to have get that kefir . Although when I drink my veggie smoothie it helps with that as well lol

Mary

Moderator Resource
Hi @HABS93 - I really don't know if you had a herx reaction or if you need to take that with food. I'd try it with food (when you're feeling up to it!) and see what happens.

When I had a herx reaction with coconut oil, it made me very tired and just feeling crummy in general. Your reaction sounds different than mine though. zinc can cause stomach upset so that might have been part of it for you. I'd try it with food and see what happens. But if you get the same reaction taking it with food, you might try plain coconut oil (virgin coconut oil is best, it's less processed that non-virgin) and see how you do.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I agree with Mary. You have to go slow with some of these. Definitely don't do the full dose to start. Also she makes a good point with stomach acid.

You're on a very healthy diet and that sometimes means may not be getting enough sodium chloride to produce hydrochloric acid in your stomach. The body needs sodium chloride to do that.

Also some of your low energy could also be if you are not getting enough of the electrolytes though like sodium. Though again with your diet you probably are getting enough potassium and the other electrolytes especially with the additional supplementation.

Never take sodium (or salt water) straight up. You will get a stomach ache if you do. It needs to have sugars to absorb. You could try adding a 1/16 - 1/8 tsp to your smoothie to see if you get a slight energy boost. Again, start very slowly.

HABS93

I agree with Mary. You have to go slow with some of these. Definitely don't do the full dose to start. Also she makes a good point with stomach acid.

You're on a very healthy diet and that sometimes means may not be getting enough sodium chloride to produce hydrochloric acid in your stomach. The body needs sodium chloride to do that.

Also some of your low energy could also be if you are not getting enough of the electrolytes though like sodium. Though again with your diet you probably are getting enough potassium and the other electrolytes especially with the additional supplementation.

Never take sodium (or salt water) straight up. You will get a stomach ache if you do. It needs to have sugars to absorb. You could try adding a 1/16 - 1/8 tsp to your smoothie to see if you get a slight energy boost. Again, start very slowly.
Interesting I never though of that I'll have to check into that. Maybe that's why I always get stomach aches. Sodium chloride do you make it ?